Beavers @ AirVenture, July 20-28, 2019, Oshkosh, WI
See Additional informational below.
Eileen and I visited Oshkosh Airventure site on July 6th. Based on a conversation with an EAA contact for Camp Scholler, we were able to clarify the following:
· Official start of Airventure is Monday July 22nd 2019 and closing events occur on Sunday July 28, 2019. Therefore, all RV sites booked for Airventure are booked thru Sunday night with departure on Monday.
· Our currently planned arrival will be on Sunday July 21st to avoid massive amounts of daily traffic during Airventure.
· Camp Scholler campers pay for their camping from the day they secure the site through the end of AirVenture.
· Only one RV and one vehicle per campsite are allowed. Larger RVs will be accommodated at the standard daily camping rates. The buffer for each site is 5’ on each side.
· Average temperatures during the last week of July in Oshkosh are a high of 81 and a low of 63.
· We are discussing arriving around 1:00 pm on Sunday, to stage as a group, so that we are parked together. However, there is no guarantee that we will all be parked together.
Dry Camping (projected rally approach):
· The number of basic (dry camping) sites is for our purposes, unlimited. Dry camping sites allow generator usage between 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. There is a 24 hour generator area with a limited number of sites available.
· Using a Genturi is advisable for basic sites.
· Basic site price is $27 per day or $216 for the 8 nights. Rally is projected at 5 nights. Therefore, if you choose to depart on Friday you will receive an $81 rebate. Refunds are available for any remaining days minus a 3 day minimum for basic sites.
· Checkout is 12 noon daily, RVer’s leaving after 12 noon will be charged for that day. There is no grace period.
- Pet camping is available in Camp Scholler only
- Pets left unattended must be kept in well ventilated camping unit.
- Pets must be on a lead at all times.
- Leads may not be longer than 8 feet.
- Clean up after your pet.
- No pets are allowed on the AirVenture convention site.
- Pets found loose will be turned over to the Oshkosh Police Department.
- Campers are subject to relocation or expulsion should staff receive complaints due to excessive pet noise or any other pet guideline violation.
- EAA Membership $40 per coach purchased by May 15th. Attendees will begin to receive magazine (1 year subscription), etc. immediately.
- EAA Weekly Pass 2 per coach $120 each, purchased by June 1
- Rally bars, etc. $15 per coach
- Coach pump out $30 per coach
- 1st evening meal *Pizza, etc. $30 per coach
- Contingency fee $29
- Total rally cost per coach will be $600, If you depart on Friday the rebate will be at least $81