Author Topic: Blue Oxx Light Connector  (Read 1814 times)

David Ciotti

• BAC Member
Blue Oxx Light Connector
« on: July 14, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »
When I purchased my 2002 Marquis Jasper it came with a Blue Ox hookup.  I have a Master Tow Dolly and want to keep using it to tow my Mustang.  I tried to figure out how to wire the Blue Ox connector to the Master Tow dolly but am confused.  The connector on my coach is mounted to the mud flap so the first thing I did was to run a ground wire from a bolt in the engine compartment.

Then I turned on a turn signal and looked for a intermittent signal on the 4 pine of the Blue Ox connector but could not find one.  Do I have to run new wires from the lights on my coach?
2002 Marquis Jasper. 40'. Cat C12

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Blue Oxx Light Connector
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 02:11:43 PM »
    David,
 I would confirm that the ground of your test light is a known ground. (a frame mounted bolt). The coach came with a 6 pin plug originally in the mud flap. It was configured with a ground, a 12volt charge wire, right and left turn, a brake control wire, and running lights. You may want to check the connections in this plug because the mud flap takes a lot of abuse back there from movement. If you trace that wiring harness from the plug, you will see where it is connected to the main harness on the right side of the engine. Check that location to see if that was modified. Check the fuses up in the front run panel (first compartment on the drivers side in the front). Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6