Author Topic: hanging pictures  (Read 3232 times)

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
hanging pictures
« on: July 14, 2020, 11:50:16 PM »
What is the best method of hanging pictures so they will not fall but can be removed?
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: hanging pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:18:23 AM »
I use three 3M’s Command Strips (with hooks) to hold a ~10”X10” weather/clock on a slideout wall.  3 is probably overkill, but the clock has 3 mounting holes on its back anyway.  I knocked one hook awry a bit while changing batteries, and replaced it.  The old one popped off easily and it didn’t damage the wallpaper in the process.

If you’re familiar with Command Strips, you know they come in different load ratings, sizes, and attachment types.  Choose the ones appropriate to the tasks.  I have a bunch of their nickel colored “elegant” hooks in 3 sizes scattered around the coach, for such things as potholders and towels in the galley and for my daily clothes in the bedroom;  they look and work great on a mirrored wall. 

I even have, for my wife’s multiple shampoo bottles, a Command shelf on a shower wall.  To move a hook or shelf, just lift it up and off, then pull down and stretch the sticky strip until it releases from the wall.  Attach new strips to the device and mount in its new location.  I keep extra strips of different sizes in a drawer just in case something turns out to be better in another spot.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:35:46 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: George Frudakis, Peter Whiting

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 01:18:41 AM »
I don't know the best method, but my Coach has some small pictures hanging. They used a small nail at the top and "museum putty" at each corner. Amazon has it.

The museum putty is like tacky "Silly Putty" if you remember that toy.

EDIT: Joel's suggestion is better

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 01:26:06 AM »
George
I'm with Mike on this one I've used museum putty on pictures and even potted plants on the counter tops it works great
 but it doesn't stick to the cabinetry which might be a good thing anyway.
The advertisement states that it's earthquake proof and I'd have to agree.
You can find it on line or at camping world.
Happy travels
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: George Frudakis

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:27:18 AM »
3M Command strips and exterior two sides tape. I have 3M Command strip towel hooks in the bathroom, have been up there for six years.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 01:54:27 AM »
We also use the 3M Command Strips for hanging pictures on a mirror in the dining room.  In the bedroom, we have two Command Strip hangers for our terry cloth robes... which are quite heavy; at least, mine is.  The robes have been in place for a few years and haven't budged; hers stuck on the wardrobe door on high gloss wood and mine stuck over my clothing drawers also stuck on high gloss wood.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!