Author Topic: Fuse panel  (Read 2469 times)

Grady machnick

Fuse panel
« on: July 15, 2020, 08:03:35 PM »
I am in need of a new fuse panel for my 40' 2009 Beaver Contessa.  Does anyone know where I can find one?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Fuse panel
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
Google RV salvage yards. Also try Northwest RV Supply in Eugene Or. What happened to the old one? 
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Grady machnick

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »
With the heavy rains apparently water worked its way onto the fuse board causing some rust and condisation issues.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
Fuse panel? Can you elaborate on what you are describing as 'the fuse panel'? In my coach there is a fuse panel for the 12 volt system in a cabinet in the bathroom. There is also a fuse panel in the battery compartment where the Big Boy and BIRD are located. Or are you talking about the re-settable relays in the electrical bay?
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Grady machnick

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »
The panel I am talking about is in a compartment on the drivers side of below the drivers window. It covers just about everything from the turn signals and lights to the power seats and visors. It has over 80 car type fuses along with larger box shaped relays.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 05:54:09 PM »
Grady,
Just curious, how did water get to the panel? Most are set back from the compartment door to help protect them from moisture.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 11:00:08 PM »
If it’s anything like my bay (except mine has breakers, not fuses), the windshield brow was cracked and leaked rainwater that ran down the inside of the driver’s “post”, through the cable loom hole, and into the electric bay.  It would not have a way out, pool an inch deep, and would go undetected sometimes for weeks parked here at home.  When discovered, I’d have to use a big sponge to sop out the water.  Then I’d keep desiccant tubs in there just in case.

The moisture in there rusted some screws that hold components to the white mounting board (melamine), and caused swelling and cracking of the board itself around its own mounting screws.  Fortunately a member here, Ed Buker, recommended Corrosion-X, so after I thoroughly Lexeled the cracks in the brow rubber and stopped the water ingress, I used that product on metal parts throughout the bay to prevent further deterioration.  Nary a drop of water has entered the bay for at least 8 years, and desiccant has no longer been necessary.  I also found a smidgen of green on a couple pins inside the large cylindrical connectors in there, so I cleaned them and added dielectric grease before reassembling. 

The reputation for leaking through nano-cracked clearance light lenses over a windshield could also result in water getting in similarly.  As related over time on this Forum, many owners find water in the dash area from that.  Like a leaky house roof, water can display strange, variable, and well- concealed routes downhill.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 01:40:31 AM »
  Grady,
 As I recall when I worked for Beaudry RV in Tucson, Monaco started installing a multiplex automotive fuse panel that was made in Canada. It required a dongle cord that interfaced with your laptop software and the fuse panel. We had special training from Monaco how to trouble-shoot and program issues with the fuse panel and all the dash gauges and switches. The reason I am sharing this with you is to give you a heads up that this may be more complicated than just a "swap-out" like we are  familiar with. I suggest contacting Monaco and tell them your coach is like a Signature because I believe they used the same system. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6