Author Topic: Freah Water Leak  (Read 1575 times)

krsnyder

Freah Water Leak
« on: July 31, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »
On my 2006 Monterey I have a leak dripping behind the city water connection. How do I remove the service center panel to get to the water line? 

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Freah Water Leak
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:24:37 PM »
This maybe where you'll find that Beavers are like snowflakes, each one a little different. On mine, removing many screws allowed me to fix water leaks and replace dump valves (fun!). One thing, if you find your leak is from a white reinforced flex hose, just replace the whole hose with a new one from Home Depot or wherever. They are called 'fixture supply' hoses and now have a stainless mesh on the exterior of the hose. Don't try to replace the 'Flair it' domed washers used in the white plastic hoses, just replace the whole hose.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

krsnyder

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »
Thank you I see lot's of screws but I'm not sure about the collar around the hose spigot and also the hose spigot for the black water flush.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 07:08:14 PM »
Kevin,
It all becomes obvious as you start removing screws, and pulling the panel out a little at the edge to look behind it. After you pull 3 or 4 water bays apart, it becomes very doable, but it is still a PIA.

Gerald 

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 07:14:28 PM »
Any thing that pokes thru the water bay panel likely has a hand tightened fitting behind the panel. Loosen this fitting and all will be revealed.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."