Author Topic: New topic to subject your solar panels  (Read 1361 times)

Bill kennerly

New topic to subject your solar panels
« on: August 07, 2020, 01:08:58 AM »
 Hello this is Bill Kennerly have a 2003 Beaver Contessa just recently purchased this unit it has ISLCummins engine 370 horse with a six speed Allison 40 foot long I have repaired several things that needed to be repaired I am now looking at the solar Panel It looks to be in good shape I wonder if anyone knows where the wires actually connect to the batteries I could take my volt Meter and check the voltage where the wires connect to the batteries and actually see if the solar panel is working, any information would be appreciated thank you. Bill

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: New topic to subject your solar panels
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 01:57:56 AM »
In our 05 Patriot, solar connects to the main battery bus in the rear run bay, above the battery tray. Might be yours is different. The solar controller is a small black box that is mounted to the ceiling of the 'hidden' compartment, passenger side,  just forward of the rear axle. Might be easiest to check for voltage there.

Don't know your experience with solar, but if yours is the factory 100 watt panel, it will produce about 5 amps in full sun. So its really a 5 amp trickle charger.  And if its cloudy.......
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."