Author Topic: Insinkerator Hot & Cold Water Dispenser  (Read 1832 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Insinkerator Hot & Cold Water Dispenser
« on: August 12, 2020, 03:29:22 PM »
Our 2004 Marquis came with a hot & cold water dispenser (by Insinkerstor) in the kitchen.   Cold water works fine.  When we power on the hot water unit (in cabinet below sink) it eventually starts spitting water out of the dispenser even though the dispenser handle is on the off position. 

Any guidance on fixing would be appreciated.  Unsure if the heating unit is getting too hot and that release is a safety mechanism?  Or perhaps the faucet has failed?   

Do I need an entirely new unit or might this be repairable.   Thanks!
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Insinkerator Hot & Cold Water Dispenser
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 06:14:45 PM »
I would get in touch with Insinkerator and ask them what is wrong.  They were very helpful when we had a problem with our hot water dispenser, even though we had to replace the unit.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »
Rick,
The problem is not the dispenser valve. It only controls the amount of cold water that enters into the tank. There is no valve to control the hot water as it exits the tank. You only get hot water out of the unit when more cold water enters the tank to push the hot water out. So it sounds like the thermostat is either set too high or it is defective causing the water in the tank to overheat and boil out the open outlet pipe. I do not know if Insinkerator services this part or a replacement tank will be necessary, but a call to them as Roy suggested should give you the answer.

Gerald   

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 03:00:10 PM »
Thank you Roy and Gerald.  The tank was overheating which causes the steam and excess hot water to be pushed out of the faucet. Insinkerator informed me that there is a thermostat adjustment screw behind the small metal plate on the front of the unit.  Took plate off, adjusted thermostat down a bit and it now works like new.   

BTW - I never noticed the removable faceplate because most of it is covered by a wide Velcro strap installed (I assume) by Beaver. 
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12