Author Topic: Shower Door Runner  (Read 9647 times)

JOHN MAJOR

Shower Door Runner
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:50:02 AM »
Need help on how to install the 'PLASTIC RUNNER" ON ON A CURVE GLASS SHOWER DOOR THIS IS THE ROLLER GUIDE,that the door rides on I talked to Ken Carpenter, today he not sure? By the way this piece of plastic cost $84.00.    John major 2003 marquis toad 2500,chev diesel.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:09:07 AM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Shower Door Runner
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:20:45 AM »
The shower door runner simply snaps into a slot in the top of the rail. To remove the old runner you just take a small to medium size flat blade and pry up on the strip carefully, starting at one end and walk it around the top rail. After you get the strip up a inch or two, it will probably come up by pulling straight on it with your fingers.

Gerald

Jim and Carol Contratto

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:34:03 AM »
I just replaced the shower door runner in my 06 Patriot Thunder.  Purchased it thru Lazy Days with tax and shipping it was  $ 110.00.  It does snap in but it did take awhile to install it. Removing it  was easy.  

Jim Contratto
06 Patriot Thunder

Bruce Benson

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 07:20:25 AM »
For those that might need this runner in the future, I suggest you contact Aquaware America.  They are the importer of this Cesana shower enclosure.  Memory is not what it once was but I think that the cost of the runner, including shipping, was south of $40 by a good bit.  Quick service and nice folks.

You can find their 800 number at the bottom of their web page.  www.aquawareamerica.com/

You can get the part numbers you need at this web page.  http://www.cesana.it/cataloghi_file/Serie%20Circle_Radius_spare%20parts2.pdf

Note that you could make a quick run to Italy and get the runner for under $14!  (Don't tell your wife!)

(If someone could explain to me how to make a link out of this I would really appreciate it.  I have tried every way to express it that I can think of but the preview always includes the code.)

Bruce
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:41:21 AM by 275 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
[size=14][face=Times]We have a '98 Patriot with the curved glass shower.  The sliding glass door broke a few days after we bought.  Holcam glass no longer sells this unit.  We curently use a shower curtain but would like any info. on a source for replacement.  The closest we have gotten is a total new mold etc. for almost $3000.00 so be careful when you replace that plastic runner.[/size][face=Arial][/face][/face]
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
Have you considered replacing the glass with a different material. Try a larger glass shop for alternatives as some of the newer plastic, lucites etc can be curved easily.  

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »
[size=14][/size]Dont have a large shop here but will look into it....Thanks!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!