Author Topic: front nighttime shade  (Read 1436 times)

Dan Murphy

front nighttime shade
« on: September 01, 2020, 07:36:43 PM »
On my 2009 Contessa the switch will not work that  moves the nighttime shade or visor. The day solar shade works but not the night visor or shade. I have checked fuse F85 and 86 they appear to be good. I thought I would pull the switch and put the wires together but there are 8 connections. I don't know hot from cold!!!

Does this shade switch have anything to do with the muti=plex system??

I have had switches go bad but before I order a new switch does anybody know what could be the problem and what would the next step be to troubleshoot and find the problem???

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: front nighttime shade
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:18:34 PM »
   Hi Dan,

The shades are part of the multiplexing system. DONOT short the wires together. Each switch has an "address" so when it calls the controller, the controller knows who is calling and then it will execute the command. Have someone look at the controller when you push the switch to find the LED that lights up. Check the fuse at that location. If you have MCD shades it could me the step motor inside the shade. Not uncommon for them to fail after 3-4 years. If you can locate the the red and black 22 guage wires going to that shade, disconnect them from the system and then power them up to a 12volt source. Reverse polarity to change direction of the shade. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6