Author Topic: Hydraulic cooler  (Read 2174 times)

Kevin Higgins

• BAC Member
Hydraulic cooler
« on: September 09, 2020, 12:45:48 AM »
This is my first time posting so I’m not exactly sure I’m doing it correctly. I have a 2006 Beaver patriot thunder 42 foot my hydraulic cooler is leaking. I’m in the Salt Lake City area does anybody know of a repair shop or a place I can purchase a new one. I’m in an RV park now but I’m headed towards Boise in the morning not sure if I can make it that far or not. I’ve had this problem before and repaired twice I’m ready for a new one. Thanks Kevin
Kevin                                                                             2006 Beaver Patriot thunder                                           42ft Vicksburg C13

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Hydraulic cooler
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 01:05:33 AM »
Kevin,
Our Service Providers list in Coach Assist shows a number of facilities in the Salt lake City area that got a good review from BAC members;

-Warner Truck Center in West Valley City
   -Payson Diesel in Payson
   - Freightliner of Utah in Salt Lake

You can also check www.rvservicereviews.com
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Kevin Higgins

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 01:11:15 AM »
Thanks Steve I’ll call them in the morning
Kevin                                                                             2006 Beaver Patriot thunder                                           42ft Vicksburg C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 08:05:41 AM »
I believe Warner is now one of the many Premier Truck Group facilities.  It’s been a number of years since Warner serviced our coach, but they got us right in, the young diesel tech was excellent, friendly, and considerate while we were allowed to remain in the coach during his work, and the service manager gave us a great price.  That said, when companies change hands, management systems usually do also. 
https://www.premiertruck.com/services.aspx
Phone: (800) 574-2707

Joel

BTW, the Service Provider Guide is in the Private BAC Members Only section of the Home menu, but you don’t have to go further than that, into Coach Assist.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 08:23:47 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Kevin Higgins

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 10:27:37 PM »
Update I decided not to get it repaired I ordered one from Radiator Supply House. they had one in stock and delivered it to the campsite two day shipping. Installed it took a couple hours and we are up and running. Megan at Radiator Supply House was awesome

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:36:31 PM »
Up load a photo if you can.
I would like to see what this cooler looks like and how its mounted - I'm sure (I think) it will be different than the cooler on my Coach since you have a Roadmaster chassis and mine is a Magnum chassis.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:56:23 AM »
Mike, I'm sure it's the same as the one on my coach, had a leak in mine welded up last year in Idaho Falls, Id.  The cooler is the outer most cooler, you have the radiator, trans then hydraulic coolers. The cooler is about 3" thick, 16" tall and about 3' long. If you want I could take some better measurements.
The trouble with most shops trying to repair a Alum rad is they can't weld aluminum worth a hoot, one reason why I now have a tig welder.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:02:35 AM by Lee Welbanks »