Author Topic: Air compressor for leveling system  (Read 2273 times)

Tommy Gibson

• BAC Member
Air compressor for leveling system
« on: September 15, 2020, 12:06:31 AM »
I decided to change the SUBJECT line for this thread. My step well cover is great.
Okay. I changed all my hoses and some connections on my air compressor. Afterwards I found a very small leak coming from one of the push-fit connections after I tried to pressure it up. Regardless, it ran for about 15 minutes before I decided to disconnect the wire as they were getting very hot almost too hot to touch. My wires were scorched and brittle. I will change my wire connections tomorrow. Could wiring connections be the problem? Oh, by the way, The F19 fuse in my coach is for "House Battery".
I am hoping my shop can get the new stock compressor placed under my extended service plan which is highly unlikely as my service plan ended while in the shop recently. One of the jobs was to check why my coach would not stay level. They checked all air bags and found no leaks. Of course, they did not check the Leveling compressor.
I called REV for a replacement and like you said, price is crazy. PUMP, COMPRESSOR KIT FOR AIR LEVEL $688.99 plus tax and shipping.  (The manufacturer of this one is Valid)
If the service plan will not replace it at that point I will try the after market Viair, if..... one of you would help me change it when you come through Breaux Bridge LA.  LOL.   

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:21:03 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
2007 Contessa 42' Bayshore IV Cat C9 400 HP (Betty Lou)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Air compressor for leveling system
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 01:27:34 AM »
Tommy,
The wire are getting hot for 2 reasons. First the gauge is marginal at best. Second, the compressor is probably running for a long time before getting the pressure high enough to trigger the check valve. Consider adding a relay to supply 12v to the compressor and having it triggered by the check valve. See the diagram I posted last week.

Oh, please try to avoid changing topics in single thread. Start a new one. I split this one off as you can see.
Thx, Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Tommy Gibson

• BAC Member
Re: Air compressor for leveling system
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
Thanks I will try this. 
Sorry for thread change.
2007 Contessa 42' Bayshore IV Cat C9 400 HP (Betty Lou)