Author Topic: electrical bay lay out diagram for 2006 Monteray Laguna IV  (Read 2124 times)

David Stump

• BAC Member
electrical bay lay out diagram for 2006 Monteray Laguna IV
« on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
Would any owner who has a 2006 Monteray Laguna IV be willing to take a pic of their electrical bay layout diagram?  Mine is missing from its assigned spot on the back of the door.....
2006 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400hp

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: electrical bay lay out diagram for 2006 Monteray Laguna IV
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:06:34 PM »
David,
There is a complete set of electrical diagrams in Coach Assist. Login, go to Private BAC Members Only board, select the Coach Assist post, click on the hyperlink. Once it opens go down to wiring diagrams. In the 2006 Monterey section you'll see Electrical Bay Layout.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: David Stump

David Stump

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
Thank you and yes I found that one and printed it.  It does not quite match  my layout.  Specifically I have 4 relays on the bottom row but the schematic i downloaded only has 3.  I'm not sure why I have an extra and was hoping that it may have to do with my specific model.  I have no idea what my extra relay may do.  trying to track down a porch light issue and thought I would start at the relay....
2006 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 11:24:00 PM »
The one in the Coach Assist is for my Ventura submodel, David.  Your Laguna could easily be slightly varied from that, but should be mostly the same.  The 4th relay you may be able to identify by reading the printing on the wiring of the bottom row of relays, and comparing them to your printed legend, then add the additional one to your legend. 

Printed sheets fade, especially in an outside environment, so after figuring out and verifying all your bay components and adjusting your printout, make a spare copy for your coach record file, then laminate the other to mount on the bay door or just keep in there.  You can have Office Depot do it or, like me, use Avery’s 9”X12” Self Adhesive Laminating Sheets (10 Pack), product #73603.

As to your light issue, you may be looking in the wrong place.  The electric bay we are talking about is for 12 volt chassis related components.  You probably need to check the small 12v fuse box for porch light problems.  On mine, it’s with the Multiplex modules and the 110v Main (50 amp) and Inverter (30 amp) boxes in the cabinet over the toilet.  Check the fuse #7 in the black box;  it can take some effort to pull its cover off for access.

Also, back on Coach Assist check my 2006 Wiring Diagrams book around pages 28-29 for Multiplex images to correlate with the photo below.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:43:07 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

David Stump

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »
Interesting!  And many thanks.  There is also a relay in the electrical bay marked porch light.  I can't quite understand why the little 12 v bulb on the porch requires a relay.  Also I wonder how the 12v fuse in the multiplex panel marked porch light interacts with the relay?  This is a learning process for me!  I like to be as expert as possible as far as systems in the coach are concerned.  My last coach of 14 years was a gas coach with no slides, no Aladdin type system and certainly no multiplex system so you can imagine my learning curve trying to get up to speed!
2006 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 01:26:27 AM »
I have the same relay, and am afraid I can’t advise as to how it works or why it’s needed with the fuse.  I thought it might work in concert with the step or door, but it doesn’t seem to on mine. 

That said, the electronic entry door lock (Magnadyne touchpad), which is part of the chassis system, has a feature to turn on the porch light (press and hold the 3/4 key), although it’s never worked on mine and someone told me it didn’t on Montereys.  Okay, so why have the K23 relay on a Monterey?  Not sure.  See page 12(?) “Keyless Entry Wiring” in the previously mentioned wiring book referenced in Coach Assist.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 01:51:57 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat