General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

Puck Lights

<< < (2/4) > >>

Steve Huber Co-Admin:
Mark,
Contact Roy Boles (BAC member and Forum member). He has the LEDs. Attached are pics of them. I've used them in my last 2 RV and never had a problem. They either attach using the springs or you can use screws depending on the location.
Steve

George Frudakis:
I purchased by light from Roy and they work well. Easy to install and fit the existing hole.
Good luck.
George

Stan Simpson:
I have purchased all of my puck light replacements from Roy Boles. Easy peasy install (like Steve Huber said, you can use the springs or take them off and use the original screw holes) and never an issue with them.

Mark Bodenhamer:
I sent an email to Roy.  It would be sweet if he still had some.  Thanks for the heads up.

David T. Richelderfer:
Yes... these are the LED ceiling lights referred to in my original post a few days ago.  They are from Kaper II in Kelso, WA.  When we changed our halogens to these 3 inch diameter LEDs a few years ago, the cost per unit was about $2.50, as I recall, because Kaper had over-ordered and had shelves full of too much inventory.  I purchased 75 of them because I needed 57 to replace all the halogens in our coach.  I gave the surplus to a Beaver-owner friend in Gresham, OR.  The only issue to be aware of is these are 12v and therefore are polarity sensitive.  If you connect the wires backwards, then the LED will not light up.  I used blade connectors so the wires were easy to swap if I put them on backwards.

The halogens were 10w.  These are 1.2w... much less energy taken from the batteries when dry camping... and give more light than did the halogens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version