Author Topic: Rear PCB buzzing  (Read 2094 times)

Todd Franklin

Rear PCB buzzing
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:12:42 AM »
A quick question  regarding the rear PCB..... While plugged in the board buzzes...  I don't recall it doing this before.... if I turn off the house battery at the switch everything is quiet... something I should investigate?  Thanks!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Rear PCB buzzing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 02:30:26 PM »
   Hi Todd,
 There a lot of things that can cause that. We need to be more specific as to what component is making the noise. If you have a stethoscope or long screw driver and can carefully touch the source and hold it up to your ear, Then take a picture with your phone and post it that would give us some direction. It could be the "big boy" charge solenoid or a relay or low 12 volt voltage and so on. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Todd Franklin

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 03:25:35 AM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jbfnQP88YU4ej4-xNDRYrzQS65J5Nvuw/view?usp=sharing

If you click on the link above you will view a quick video I made of turning off the house batteries and turning back on.  Unable to locate buzz by touch but my first suspect is the relay

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 05:40:56 PM »
I have a relay like that makes the same noise on my Coach (but I don't have that rear circuit board on my '05).
On my Coach, in the front Run Bay, there is a relay for the bay door locks, and that relay buzzes like that every time I turn off the Battery disconnect and turn it back it on.

I have to enter the unlock security code on the keypad at the entry door to stop the buzzing. It seems to be related to the (Essex 1704) "Keyless Entry" system. Once I enter my "unlock code" the buzzing stops and all works as it should. I know it shouldn't do that (buzz) - but I haven't had time to look into the cause. With the front Run Bay door closed I can barely hear it. I think it was buzzing for over a week (after I turned Coach power back on) before I noticed it, and figured out what it was.

I don't know if that board in your video has anything to do with Keyless Entry or not, just mentioning my issue in case it helps you troubleshoot yours.
Good luck

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »
Sometimes my inverter buzzes when it is charging the batteries after boondocking for a night.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad