Author Topic: Alladin System Repairs  (Read 2751 times)

Ken McIntee

Alladin System Repairs
« on: November 04, 2020, 06:48:32 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm trying to locate a repair facility that can repair or have used parts for an Alladin system. We just purchased RV and have a horizontal roll in the Kenwood screen in the dash. We would greatly appreciate any help...Thanks, Ken

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Alladin System Repairs
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »
Hi Ken,
I think you have an 07 Marquis. If incorrect, please change in your profile. For any future problems it would also be helpful to know if you have a C13 or C15. You can also add that to your profile  Without knowing what area of the country you are in, it is difficult for members to make recommendations on repair facilities. I'd also suggest you check the Service Providers Guide located in the Private BAC Members board. The rolling screen could be the Aladdin but I'd be more inclined to suspect the Kenwood. Does it only roll when the Aladdin is selected?
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 08:38:19 PM »
Ken, there are no new Aladdin parts anymore. You can get used parts from multiple sources like here https://rvaccessories.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/f/search.pl? Put "Aladdin" in the search box.
Another option is to replace the Aladdin with Silverleaf. They sell a conversion kit.

If the video is not correct, it may be the monitor. The "Kenwood" dash monitor is not an Aladdin part as you know. If that monitor goes bad you can replace it with any monitor (car stereo) that accepts "composite video (an RCA video jack)".

You should be able to bring the Aladdin display up on the TVs too. See if the TV has a good Aladdin picture - if it does then the problem is most likely not in the Aladdin "Video Coach Monitor" (VCM) and is in the dash monitor (or cable to it).

Ken McIntee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 03:27:28 PM »
Mike thanks for all the info...I will look into that site...I have also talked with Silverleaf...Thanks again, Ken

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
If you're thinking of Silverleaf - check out the classified section here. A Beaver member is selling his Silverleaf.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 10:03:25 AM »
Consider this outfit:   https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 05:00:17 PM »
If anyone is considering abandoning their Aladdin system - I would like to buy one joystick. But I want this style...