Author Topic: Intermittent Wireless Entry  (Read 2198 times)

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Intermittent Wireless Entry
« on: November 15, 2020, 05:35:47 PM »
I am having problems with my Tri Mark wireless entry system.  It has always worked, but a few weeks ago would occasionally not open the entry door.  It progressively got worse until now it hardly ever works.  This applys to both the keypad and fob.  The bay doors work all the time.  Any ideas where to start?  Key fob has new battery.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Mike Shumack

Re: Intermittent Wireless Entry
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 07:27:49 PM »
There is a set of electrical contacts in the door jamb. If those contacts are bad or dirty the power can't get to the door actuator, so I would check those contracts. If the contacts are okay then the door lock actuator (motor inside the entry door) in the entry door is likely bad.

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 11:19:12 PM »
Mike, I recently had similar problems with our Tri mark keyless entry door system and had to retrain the transmitter to the handle. The instructions are shown in the attached picture. The wiring was located next to the passenger seat under a panel.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 12:11:24 AM »
Mike
        There are two relays in the electrical bay marked BDC & BDO top row of relays. Try switching the two around and see if your problem changes. My bay doors were unlocking but not locking with fob or key pad on grab handle. Swapped relays and it followed the relay. I opened the malfunctioning relay, sanded the contacts and reinstalled it and all is good.I of course ordered more relays. Call me if you need more detail.
LARRY dedrick
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 12:26:39 AM »
Mike
       A big oops. Check relays EDO & EDC bottom row of relays in the electrical bay. Swap those two around and see if things change in its operation, if it does then there is a faulty relay. Thats Entrance Door Open and Entrance Door Closed.  If you don't have a replacement relay, they can be opened quite easily and clean off the contacts and see if it works.
Larry Dedrick
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15