Author Topic: Water Line Schematic  (Read 5747 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Water Line Schematic
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 05:57:03 PM »
Eric, On your Clear View upgrade, did you run a new PEX line as return to tank from the Clear View valve? That gizmo has intrigued me since I first saw it a few years ago. Like to put it in my little travel trailer too.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 12:52:25 AM »
[bill
Clear view makes two types the one I installed has a round mushroom which is mounted in the wall of the shower and a separated diverter valve which I mounted above the shower temp valve it gives me three positions one sends the water back to the tank the second sends the water to the shower head and the third sends water to the hand held shower .
When I did the conversation I removed the tube spout which was installed low on the wall as a foot wash ( our unit it's a shower only no tube) anyway I replaced the tube spout with a shower hose termination so now you turn the water on at the temp control valve to the hot position and turn the selector / detection valve to return water to the tank the water flows through the blue mushroom on its way back to the tank when the water going through the mushroom finally runs hot the mushroom turns from blue to white . After this happens you simply turn the selector/ diverter valve to which ever shower you want to use and adjust the temp with the temp valve .

As for the plumbing on our coach there is a couple of access hatches in the hanging closet behind the shower which gives access to the shower valve setup , I removed the valve a resoldered the short copper setup to allow the new seller for valve and mushrooms setup.
To answer your question I ran a new pex line down behind the shower wall and under the shower pan over to the bathroom vanity were it drops through the floor with the other plumbing into the wet bay behind the wet wall were I for it it the tank fill line running to the tank .
This also allows you to set the shower temp to cold and use the selector cable to fill the water tank just like you would with the tank fill valve when your hooked up to city water which means you don't have to go outside to turn the tank fill valve on or off.
Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Michael Hannan

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 02:36:10 AM »
Eric, where did you get your clear view system?
2003 Marquis Ruby
505hp C12

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 02:57:35 AM »

try the following:

https://aquaviewinc.com/rv/
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Michael Hannan

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2020, 02:18:56 PM »
Micheal
I picked up mine through my NTP Stag account it was a special order and it would have been faster and easier not just go to the manufacturers web site .
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
Bill
I installed the SKC001 unit  as I didn't like the look of the way the other units sight glass sealed through the shower wall.
The SKC001 also gave me the option of changing my shower head configuration separating the main shower head and the portable ( telephone shower head).
In the end I think it's a neater installation that looks like factory.
The hardest part of the install is running that return line yesterday I failed to mention that my coach from the factory has a small hatch door on the outside wall which allows access under the shower pan I assume to allow access to the shower P trap but that makes the return line install easier.
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Michael Hannan

• BAC Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 04:23:19 AM »
Thank you to everyone for the information.  One more question.  My shower backs onto the wall up against the galley.  There are 2 mirrors on the galley side.  A narrow one that when the counter extension is folded down can be removed and the galley slide out is out.  Am I correct in guessing that when the mirror is removed that I'll have access to the shower plumbing?  The sliding door would have to be closed too.

MJ
2003 Marquis Ruby
505hp C12

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »
MJ
I can't say definitely as my coach is set up with the back of the shower faceing hanging closet in the bedroom .
If the shower valve is lined up with that mirror and it is indeed removable I would recon a guess you are correct and can access the valve from there.
Maybe someone here with the same coach layout can chime in here.
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR