Author Topic: air leak and wiring  (Read 2027 times)

David Stiles

air leak and wiring
« on: December 08, 2020, 03:44:47 AM »
Hello, I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey and I was wondering if someone has the wiring diagrams for this coach. Also can someone tell me if there are any other locations of 12 volt fuses other than in the restroom?
I also need to know if someone has the air line schematic so as I can try to hunt down some of my air leaks. After a day, my front end sinks down in the front and all the air in the gage is empty. I never hear the little air compressor in the front come on which I think its job it to keep things aired up?
Thanks in advance for your help, David Stiles

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: air leak and wiring
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »
David, I provided a copy of my 2006 Monterey diagrams to the club a couple of years ago.  A number of its pages are for the 2005 year because of minimal electrical changes between years, and those pages that are signed for ‘06 may also prove helpful.  But Jim Edwards provided 2005 diagrams also, so you should be good to go.  Select the link at the upper right of this webpage to the main club site, then the Technical tab, and Coach Assist.  Scroll way down to “Wiring Diagrams” to find what you need.   

A couple of air system diagrams can also be found in Coach Assist, but be aware that your coach may vary from what’s offered.  Your HWH leveling auxiliary compressor isn’t wired to work except when you choose Automatic leveling on your pad.  It wouldn’t have come on if you only manually level.  That said, the factory compressor is known to fail due to its location under the curbside front where its subject to road debris.  Air lines and electrical connections befoul, corrode, crack, leak, get damaged, etc., and there are better compressors out there to start with, esp. by ViAir as recommended and used by many members here.

Your year may not have a Multiplex 12v house system, in which case your house fuse setup is different than our ‘06.   On ours the bathroom fuses are generally for house devices or things like the porch light, 12v side of the fridge panel, fans, etc., and are additional to MultiPlex system ones (reference page 31 of the ‘06 Monterey Wiring Diagrams).   So any other 12v fuses would be found for just the chassis, in the streetside front most electrical bay with relays and auto-reset breakers.  Occasionally there can be an in-line individual fuse for some device, normally close to or mounted with that device. 

Joel
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:52:09 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 06:31:56 PM »
David,
 In Coach Assist you will find a set of 2005 Monterey wiring diagrams. The air system diagram is on page 387 of the 2005 Monterey Owners Manual (just added).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

David Stiles

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »
Thanks so much for your help. You are the best!