Author Topic: New AGM batteries not holding charge  (Read 4770 times)

JimNCheryl Domenoe

Re: New AGM batteries not holding charge
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 01:51:31 AM »
You might want to check with Lifeline on the settings. When I was looking to replace my lead acid batteries with AGMs, other forums had quite a bit of chatter about Lifeline changing their requirements so that the AGM option in the Magnum remote was not the latest recommendation by Lifeline. This was the case for my Crown batteries so I had to use the ‘Custom’ option.

Lifeline's recommended charge voltages are slightly different than the Inverter's AGM 2 setting.  Lifeline recommends charge voltage of 14.2-14.4V for Bulk and Absorb charging, and 13.2-13.4V for Float charging.  AGM 2 is 14.5V for Absorb and 13.5 for Float.  I will do a custom setting for these batteries so I stay in the range recommended by Lifeline.  Right now, the remote says the batteries are charged and are at 13.0V.  I will check them manually as well.

Lifeline also states that 0% discharge is 12.6V or more.  100% discharge is 11.6V or less.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Hopefully this will make a difference.  I generally keep my coach plugged in as I keep it in my RV garage at home.  I will unplug it and see what happens with the battery life.

Jim

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
Re: New AGM batteries not holding charge
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 02:25:13 AM »
My coach had the ME-RC controller and I had to upgrade to the ME-ARC to see the option ‘Custom’. My ME-RC was the wrong level (version). Also, I am using the ‘Float’ as the final charge but my Magnum ME2012 has the original TCB PC board which caused the controller to go into ‘Silent’ mode intermittently instead of Float. Magnum said I needed to upgrade the PC if I wanted to eliminate this.
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold