General Boards > General Discussion

Hydronic Heating Replacement Aquahot / Oasis

<< < (2/3) > >>

Casey Humphries:
Thanks for the feedback. :)  I'll post a few pictures to show how bad it looks.   I have no idea what happened inside and it looks like the fluid was left to drain inside and on top of the unit. 
I have zero welding experience, I have asked locally if there is someone in the area that can look at it. 

From what I have been told an Oasis is compatible with the thermostats, plumbing and multiple zones.  The exhaust location may need to be adjusted. 
Cheers

Keith Moffett:
Casey
I sent you an email on this subject but it was returned to me.  I used the email in your directory listing.  Is there a better one?

Ed Beckett:
I want Eric around when I have any problems...

Casey Humphries:
Good day  :)
Just wanted to give the forum an update.  I didn't post pictures of the old Aquahot as it was such a mess.   I did however remove it from the coach and purchase an Oasis NE from ITR for under $10K Canadian. (not installed)

Right now I'm figuring out all the wiring and tiding up the old pex pipe and since it's too rigid to bend I'm going to connect flexible hoses and shut off valves so it's all tidy.  At this point I've done this all alone. 

So far, this unit requires one additional connection to the batteries and one additional (optional) 110V power connected as it has dual electric heaters, just like a newer Aquahot.

If anyone is interested in this process I'm happy to share everything that I encounter and how it performs after. 
Cheers

Casey

Eric Maclean:
Casey
That's good news glad your getting a handle on the install .
Up dates would be great thanks Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version