Author Topic: SilverLeaf  (Read 4409 times)

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
SilverLeaf
« on: February 20, 2021, 10:35:13 PM »
Winegaard has announced acquisition of Silverleaf Electronics in Oregon. Martin Perlot will stay on as general manager.I have no other info.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: SilverLeaf
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:02:06 AM »
Same old story if you can't beat them buy them.lets see where they go now Wineguard has deep pockets it might be interesting.
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Jeff Johnson

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 05:10:46 AM »
Hopefully they keep their same customer service as the tech that helped me did  a great job.
1996 Patriot Savannah
CAT 3126B

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 01:22:51 PM »
   I have personally been dealing with them since they came out with that 6 foot satellite dish you had to assemble and then figure out where it would fit on the roof. All I can say is their tech support is some of the best consistently over the last 26 years.
   I have followed Matt since the beginning and Silverleaf has always been a quality product and their tech support is better than most. Now some out there may disagree from a retail point of view, but they have always guided me to a solution when I was trying to resolve an issue with a customer. This should prove to be an interesting marriage but I am confident they will make it viable. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 04:46:45 PM »
With Matt piloting the ship let's hope the customer service stays the same
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 01:39:31 AM »
I am really sorry to hear this!  I have a Winegard satellite system on my roof.  It lasted about 6 months before I could no longer receive HD signals.  Calls to Winegard left me speechless....Dish moved their HD to a different satellite, and Winegard could not lock onto that satellite!  What???  Yep, no HD.  Then in a couple of years, no TV at all.  The Winegard system would no longer find Dish satellites at all.  What????   Calls to Winegard yielded a surrender...sorry, we can no longer lock on Dish satellites.  (Nor DirectTV either)  Winegard offered no help. 

Get ready for no help for our Silverleaf problems!!!   Bummer!!!
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 01:31:48 PM »
   Jerry, Sorry to hear about your issue, from your time zone do you live in the northeast? There was a time if you had a Hopper that satellite 129 (HD) was hard to acquisition in certain parts of the United States. That has been resolved with a DPH-42 switch and a duo-hub if you have a Hopper. Don't want to go down that trail right now as we are discussing Silverleaf and Winegard. Martin (not Matt his Dad) is the brains and Winegard is smart enough to arrange a support team to help with issues. Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water just yet. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 04:33:29 AM »
Nope, Fred!  I am a West-Coaster, spend a lot of time in Oregon (I am a Native) but live in Las Vegas (NV!!).  Seldom go East of the Mississippi.  I have a 211K receiver for the system, not the hopper.   While in Quartzsite this January, I purchased a King Tailgater.  Works great with the 211K.  Now just have to remove the old Winegard and install the King.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 02:40:42 PM »
   Glad to hear you have a solution, Tailgator is a decent system and I find it amazing how fast it can flip-flop from satellites 119 to 129 to 110 at the blink of an eye. I also have 2- 211's in my Marquis with no issues. I missed Quartzite this year but I will be there next year if we still have a Country. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV