Author Topic: Radio/Entertainment System  (Read 2008 times)

Bill Heffernan

• BAC Member
Radio/Entertainment System
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
We just purchased a 2007 Patriot Thunder that we are excited to use to soon hit the road. The coach is in great shape, however we would like to upgrade the radio/entertainment system to more current technology. Any suggestions for resources, dealers who excel in this area.... Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder
45'
C-13

Cloyd Robinson

Re: Radio/Entertainment System
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 12:52:33 AM »
I'm not sure where you are located, Bill, but R V Outfitters in Bend, OR are excellent. Lots of experience. I would at least contact them and see what you think.

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: Radio/Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 01:08:42 AM »
I have no idea what came in your coach as original equipment so it is hard to give good advise.  My coach came with a Bose amp and 5 CD changer and at one point in time some type of dvd player.  To say it was antiquated would be accurate.

I didn't want to spend a fortune so I bought a cheap pyle AM/FM CD/DVD player with bluetooth. I didn't figure this would be the last entertainment system I would buy, and I had heard/read that the Bose speakers would not work well without bose equipment.

Well the cheap pyle has worked way better than my expectations!  The Bose speakers sound really good to my ears, much better than the original equipment did and I can use it to play dvd's to the front TV.

The old Bose Amp is gone along with a lot of wires and RCA cables.  The 6 channel CD player is also gone.  The dash radio is now just a dash radio with separate speakers.  I can bluetooth from my phone to the stereo, or just listen to the radio. The sound is really good. 

This may not be what you were looking for and you can certainly replace everything.  I just stripped out what was unnecessary and used what still worked.  I don't see upgrading anything until something breaks. 

Hope this helps
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126