Author Topic: Kwikee Super Slide ll  (Read 1621 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Kwikee Super Slide ll
« on: May 23, 2021, 06:20:34 AM »
Our rear powered super slide tray is inop.  Works sometimes to the pass side only.  Of course it is the tighter of the two and no working space to get to the controller or motor etc.
The relays and mini breakers in th rear run box seem to be fine and the door ground button switches both check out.
I replaced the door switch with the known good switch and no joy.
Anyone have a suggestion?  All I see is complete removal and rebuild.  Not cheap.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Kwikee Super Slide ll
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 03:27:08 PM »
    Keith,
You may want to check the limit switches. You state that it is intermittent in 1 direction and zip in the other. I looked at the prints in tech support and perhaps it could be that. Another common issue I have run into is the traction wheels start to slip if the tray is over-loaded (I don't think that is your issue) Things that move and make contact are usually suspect. Good luck and let us know, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Kwikee Super Slide ll
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 09:35:26 PM »
Thanks Fred.  I found very little on this in search so thought it might be helpful.
There is nothing at all on the tray.  When there was it was no where near the 800 lb. Limit.
Since the manual mode doesn’t work well it is difficult to check all of the limit switches but when they are exposed I have looked at most and all seem functional.
The driver side drive wheels look fine.  Passenger side I can’t see yet.  When in manual mode the PS wheels don’t seem to fully disengage until the lever is at its max release point so they must be working part way at least.
This is a silly design.  You have to climb in to the middle to release the lever.  The motor,  inverter, and controller are so tight to the wall you can’t get the cover off.
The only answer I see is complete removal and reinstall. 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!