Author Topic: Aqua Hot Fuel Line Leaking From Fuel Tank  (Read 1678 times)

Natasha Lorenzen

Aqua Hot Fuel Line Leaking From Fuel Tank
« on: May 24, 2021, 01:35:44 PM »
Good Morning,

I noticed when I started my AquaHot system this year that a puddle of diesel fuel would form under my fuel tank, seems the leak is above the fuel tank. I took it to a Cummins service center in Oak Creek, Wi. They have determined the same but can not do repairs as they stated the fuel tank needs to be dropped and in order to do so the front axel needs to be removed. Has anyone had similiar issues with a unit that is aged as mine? If so where did you have this type of work done? and were you happy with the level of service they provided?

The Cummins Service Center recommends when this work is done to have all lines replaced at the same time, obviously.

Please advise where best to have this type of work done as the Cummins Center in Oak Creek, WI said they aren't really equipped for this under taking.

Thanks in advance!!

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Aqua Hot Fuel Line Leaking From Fuel Tank
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 02:38:53 PM »
Natasha
Many of us here have had the same problem. The old fuel lines get hard and dry dog causing cracks and leaks
The best way to replace them is to empty the tank first to get rid of extra weight raise the front of the motorhome and place on jack stands allowing the front suspension to hang then disconnect the two fill hoses drop the tank down onto the front axle  once it's loose you can till the tank forward by raising the rear of the tank this will give limited access to the front section of the top of the tank and the fuel line connections.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.