Author Topic: Fresh water discharge valve leak  (Read 1608 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Fresh water discharge valve leak
« on: July 08, 2021, 11:46:38 PM »
So on the eve of our big Milwaukee to Boston trip, we discovered that the electrically operated discharge valve on the fresh water tank is leaking. Lost about 20 gallons overnight.  I'm a little long in the tooth to go crawling under the coach for a close inspection, but if I get up the gumption how big of a job is to repair (i'm thinking gasket replacement) or find and install a replacement?  We're staying at campgrounds with full hookups and I'll fill up before we leave so we have water for flushing the head en route.

Once again, the Beav reminds me that nothing's easy.

Lee Welbanks

Re: Fresh water discharge valve leak
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 01:04:46 AM »
The job will depend on what valve you have in your coach. Mine has a electric plastic gate valve. Did you try cycling your valve, may have a piece of something in it causing the leak.

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 03:14:21 AM »
Thanks.  Tried cycling it a half dozen times or more.  No joy.  This will have to wait until we get back and I'll let the shop handle it.

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 01:15:25 AM »
Not certain we have the same valve, but a few years ago we had the same problem. Turned out that the valve was loose where it attaches to the floor near the fresh water tank. Tightened it up and it has not leaked since.
07 Contessa
C9;400HP