Author Topic: Circuit Breaker Popping  (Read 1414 times)

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Circuit Breaker Popping
« on: July 31, 2021, 12:35:16 AM »
Starting today when I plug in 15a at home after charging for about four minutes the circuit breaker pops in the house and the coach goes to inverting.  Have used this same circuit and method for seven years.  Tried a different circuit in house and the same thing happens.  The only thing that has happened is overnight we had a neighborhod power outage and were without power for about eight hours.  When charging there is a single green steady light on the inverter and when inverting it blinks.  Any ideas.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Circuit Breaker Popping
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 01:12:46 AM »
Mike - We have a Xantrex Freedom 3000w PSW inverter/charger.  When I plug the coach into a 15/20 amp shore receptacle, I always set the Power Sharing function down to 10 amps before plugging in.  If not, then the coach will demand too much power and blow the shore power breaker.  I have not ever been successful plugging into a 15/20 amp shore receptacle equipped with a GFI.

Playing golf?  It got to about 106F here in Hermiston today.  We start playing at 7:30 am.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 01:52:35 AM »
   Mike, The 8 hours that you lost power was the coach plugged in to the 15amp recept? If so, then the inverter drained your batteries and when the power was restored it went into bulk charge which exceeds 20amps. If the coach was not plugged in then the power outage may have compromised the GFI recept you normally plug into. Another test you can perform is to turn all the circuit breakers off inside the coach except the 50amp main. Plug the coach in and turn the inverter breakers on only and wait 5 minutes and see what happens. If all good, turn the rest of the breakers on 1 at a time and wait on each one for a minute to help isolate the issue. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 02:34:41 AM »
Problem solved.  I have never adjusted shore power input, and never had any problems.  Did drop to 20, then 10 and at 5 it is charging.  David FYI the coach will go on the market shortly as we are building a house at Wickenburg Ranch and have two golf carts on order.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp