Author Topic: Multiplex Switches  (Read 2693 times)

Frank Himpelmann

Multiplex Switches
« on: August 25, 2021, 02:24:56 AM »
Hi all, I have a 2007 Beaver Contessa, have owned it since new. I have had a static electricity spark take out two of my switches , one years ago and I swapped out switches and managed to use the bedroom lights again. This time I am without a solution. I read a bunch of forums and M&M are the guys and I spoke with them but Chris is saying the only way to fix it is for them to have the coach. Their facility is 2200 mikes away! I am in Southern California! I have read that there are guys out there with the interface and tools to do it, I am guessing I just need to find them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Lee Welbanks

Re: Multiplex Switches
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 02:32:57 AM »
Frank,  If you are able to find somebody not in the middle of America please let us know, like you I've heard there are folks that can work on this system, have you called Beaver Coach Sales in Bend, Or? They may know of somebody.

Frank Himpelmann

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 03:27:53 AM »
I sure will and I have not contacted Beaver yet, I plan on doing that tomorrow. thanks

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 12:37:11 AM »
Frank, yes I do have capably & understanding and equipment to help you out. My first thoughts,
I really do  not believe multiplexing is your problem. As multiplexing did not get very involved
In 2007. If you can give me a call. Not that far away from you. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Frank Himpelmann

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 10:42:19 PM »
Hi Dave, thanks for the response, love to give you a call, where would I find your phone number? Mine is 951 818 8706

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 10:48:00 PM »
   Frank, Is your multiplexing issue with the chassis and dash board or is it with the house systems, interior lights, ect. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Frank Himpelmann

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 02:14:54 PM »
Hi Fred, it is with the light switches in the bedroom, static electricity has taken out two witches and according to M&M new code has to be written, only if I bring the coach to them, 2200 miles away. lol

Frank Himpelmann

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 02:23:12 PM »
I have tried to upload pictures but no matter what I do it says file is too large.  :(

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 02:27:42 PM »
   Hi Frank, This is the first time that I have heard of that resolution. I have experience your situation with my customers in the past with the static electricity. Not too unusual in areas with low humidity and nylon carpeting. In the past all you needed was the Intellitech ID # on the back of the switch pad for them to configure a replacement with the correct addresses of each switch. Perhaps available inventory is now depleted and they are doing something different. I will do some research and get back to you. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 02:36:15 PM »
   Frank, If you scroll down in the forum display, you will find Forum Assistance. Click on that to find how to edit your photos down to 300K or less so you can post them. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 10:48:20 PM »
Frank, we developed the Forum’s photo resizing guide some years ago, and some technologies have changed since.  Though the guide is still pertinent, there are also apps now that can do the job.  The reason I note that is because my newer iPad Pro won’t open/download the PDF of our guide, even with a separate PDF app installed.  I can’t say why but it’s probably an issue with my settings and I’m not technofile enough to sort it out.   Im writing because I can’t say that no one else here might encounter the same problem regardless of their means of access, Windows, Google Android, Apple, or other.

What I’ve been recommending to members is an app by DKit Inc. called “Image Compress & Resize Easily”.  I spent hours rummaging through a menagerie of apps before settling on that one for my iPads.  It was the simplest, most straightforward app, uncomplicated by advanced features, and most importantly it tells me precisely the numbers…. most apps didn’t do that.  I can see how many MB the original image is and as I move a simple slider it says how many MB I’m at as they diminish.  I merely move the slider to 250 MB or something at least less than the Forum’s 300MB limit, and save it.  The original remains in my album and I can delete the original or just remember that the latest one added to the album is the modified MB one.  I try not to go too far below the 300MB because resolution, of course, diminishes as you remove MB/pixels;  250-280 is a generally good target, because there have been times the system wouldn’t accept my images at 280-290MB, and rather than fight that and redo the modification again, I just pre-empt any problems.

There is a slight learning curve but it’s the best and easiest to use resizing app I found.  All that said, I don’t see it on the Google Play Store (android) if you aren’t using an Apple device, so in that case you may have to peruse apps by searching “image compress”…. dozens of apps come up.  Find one that’s not too feature burdened and that offers a direct, simple readout of resized MB so you know when your within the Forum’s limit without uploading a slightly fuzzy image.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat