Author Topic: Dometic Toilet FIX (3110)  (Read 1237 times)

rkevincarson

Dometic Toilet FIX (3110)
« on: October 10, 2021, 11:10:29 PM »
Thought I would chime in with a fix to what I (and others) thought was a bad motor in the valve assembly on the motor (385310822).  Our quit opening and closing and I had read reports of the plastic gears in the motor.  After removing the toilet from the coach, we put it on the bench, removed the three hold down hook bolts that hold the entire assembly to the porcelain unit.   After removing the motor and pulling it apart, expecting to see a plastic gear with a few teeth missing, what we found was all three plastic gears were in great condition.  After looking that the way the gear assembly was built, we put it back together only to find the inch (or so) long bushing in had worked its way out.  So the motor was operating the gears were just no engaged.  Sure enough, we looked around the area in the bathroom and viola, the pin (bushing) was laying around the mounting bolts for the tank inlet.  Reinstalled it, and cleaned the entire valve assembly and rubber gaskets (old putty was very hard), put some new plumbers putty around the seal and reinstalled the unit in the coach.  No leaks, no seepage around the valve... all works perfect.

So, if you think there is a gear problem or the valve is not opening and closing properly or if water leaks around the valve.   This may be your solution.

I have gained so much knowledge on the BAC, I am happy to post a solution.  Plus, I have a new extra motor if any needs one!  Hard to find and $$
The following users thanked this post: Scott Shearer

Gary Curtis

• BAC Member
Re: Dometic Toilet FIX (3110)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 01:18:42 PM »
I started having problems with my valve not opening. I ended up just buying a new Dometic Porcelain unit from Gander Mountain. It was a direct replacement, took less time to install than it did to remove the old toilet. $500 solution.
Gary & Bonnie Curtis (Cincinnati, OH)
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder - Hanover 44    #043155
CAT C-13, 525HP, Alison 4000MH
Towing 2019 Tesla M3 (Sparkie)