Author Topic: steering spindle and knuckle on a magnum chases for a 1999 beaver patriot thunde  (Read 2951 times)

Doyle McEachern

• BAC Member
I have a 1999 patriot thunder with a magnum chases. I blew a steering wheel oiler hub on Sept. 9 th. in Twin falls ID. ever sense I have been looking for a steering spindle knuckle so I can get my Beaver back to TX. If you have this part or now how I could find One or could help in any way, I would forever be in your debt.

Mike Shumack

I don't have one - but I would not think it would be too hard to find. It is a standard truck part (not a Magnum or Beaver part). Are you working with a truck shop now - have you identified the axle code/model and part number needed - just can't find a supplier?

I have a Spicer/Dana Steering Axle parts manual but it is too large to attach here (1.5MB). E-mail or PM me if you want me to send it to you.

Does the chart below look correct for your Coach (425 HP C12, 12,000 lb front axle)? My notes show a 2001 Patriot Thunder has a Westport 13,200 LB front axle. I'm not sure when it changed. See if you can find the model tag.

Maybe someone else here knows.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:31:12 PM by Mike Shumack »

Doyle McEachern

• BAC Member
Could you give any further details ? the part number I have is  9A3S 2100 ARB-2VS

Doyle McEachern

• BAC Member
I don't know for sure but I don't think the diagram you sent is the right part. Would you know any place I could check for the part new or used.

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Doyle
$ wise your best bet would likely be a used part from an RV wrecker although they would probably want to sell the whole axle.
You will still have to have the make and model of the axle either way it's worth a call.

https://colawrvsalvage.com/contact-us/

https://rvparts.visonerv.com/

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Doyle McEachern

Mike Shumack

I don't know for sure but I don't think the diagram you sent is the right part. Would you know any place I could check for the part new or used.

I was not suggesting that the diagram I posted was the correct part/model for your Coach - just trying to show where the axle ID tag is typically located. You need to start with the axle "model" number (not the part number), So if you have the Dana/Spicer axle, you probably have the E-1320I or E-1320W.

If you have the Westport Axle, it looks like it is going to be the 13,200LB GAWR one (the F3W-1300 or the F6W-1300). Westport has two (the difference is the in axle drop (how much bend it has). See the photo below.

If you are trying to buy parts, you need to know "what you have" to tell to the sales guy.
Good luck
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:34:47 PM by Mike Shumack »