Author Topic: Red Hat valve fuse  (Read 1682 times)

Gene Obie

• BAC Member
Red Hat valve fuse
« on: October 17, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »
So my Red Hat valve stopped working and I'm finding no voltage to the valve. Is there a fuse somewhere for this? I'm not finding any breaker/fuse labeled as such in the electric bay? Anyone have a wiring diagram for this thing. I have a ON/OFF fill switch by the sink and one in the water bay. No voltage to the valve when either is turned on.
-Gene

2005 Beaver Marquis, Ruby 40, C-13 Cat 525HP, Allison 4k
Towing 2018 F-150
Washington

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Red Hat valve fuse
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 10:36:42 PM »
In our coach, power for the red hat valve is found at the Aladdin "Tank level control module" located in the "hidden" bay, curb side just ahead of the drive axle (where the black and grey tanks are located). The tank board controls the voltage to the valve. You can find a wire connector that connects to the board labeled (fill valve or fresh tan fill or some such). Just pull the connector from the board and short the black and red wires with a paper clip, that will open the red hat valve and allow you to fill the tank. You might have an issue with your tank control module.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Gene Obie

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:46:40 PM »
Thanks Bill. Now I'm really feeling stupid. So evidently Aladdin system needs to be ON when using the fresh tank fill? After you mentioned the power comes from Aladdin module I turned on Aladdin and it works fine now. I haven't used the feature that much and just didn't know about the connection between the 2. So I thought what was a problem is a feature. I had just ordered a garden hose adapter off Amazon that I could use to tap into the plumbing there by the pump but guess that can be my new backup fill mode now.
-Gene

Towing 2018 F-150
Washington

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 01:41:31 PM »
I did not know the Aladdin system provided power for the Red Hat valve.

I do know that I don't have to "turn on" the Aladdin system to use the tank fill feature. I just press the button in the Wet Bay for tank fill (that must then turn on, or wake up the Aladdin).

There is also a switch in the switch-bank below the kitchen countertop. That switch is a rocker (momentary) on/off switch, whereas the switch in the Wet Bay is a toggle switch (stays On or Off).

Gene Obie

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »
Sounds like maybe there's something not quite right with my system Mike. Unless I turn Aladdin on with the joystick neither fill switch is functional. I'll check the connections in the tank bay to the Aladdin controller.

With rough roads on my travels yesterday I seem to have developed a fresh water leak (drip) coming from the Aquahot so that's first on my list and hoping it just a loose connection and not something more serious.
-Gene

Towing 2018 F-150
Washington

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 03:56:54 PM »
For the fresh tank fill, the Aladdin tank module works as a relay, that way you can have two switches that can turn the red hat on. Same thing with the water pump, you have two switches controlling and there is a water  pump relay down by the water pump that provides the power. I don't know where the red hat circuit gets its power, but I know the tank module acts as a relay to switch the power on and off.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Gene Obie

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 11:15:00 PM »
I see now the Aladdin also shuts off the fill valve when it thinks the tank is full. So it sort of makes sense that Aladdin needs to be ON for that to work.
-Gene

Towing 2018 F-150
Washington

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 11:57:12 PM »
Wow, our fill valve doesn’t auto-shutoff.  If I’m not waiting and watching the Aladdin monitor(s), I only get alerted by the sound of overfill splashing under the rig.

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat