Author Topic: Quartzite Rally: Seminar Topics  (Read 3082 times)

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Quartzite Rally: Seminar Topics
« on: November 11, 2021, 01:49:31 PM »
   Greetings Beaver Owners,
 I look forward to the upcoming rally at Quartzite and spending some time with fellow Beaver enthusiasts. Dave Atherton and myself will be addressing local members with technical understanding concerning their coaches and life-style. To cover all the topics that may be of interest, I am inquiring of all who will be attending. Please respond with suggestions of various topics that you think will be of interest and broaden our understanding of our Beaver motorhomes. This includes the Ladies as I am sure they have questions! I will do my best to research all suggestions and publish a document we can all follow when we assemble for various seminars. I look forward to your response. Blessings & Joy, Fred & Cindy Brooks
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr, Ron Davis

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Quartzite Rally: Seminar Topics
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 03:48:41 PM »
Fred
unfortunately I won't be able to make it to quartzite this year maybe next year .

But if you're looking for topics for your seminars some of the observations I've made from the posts on the forum is that many people are experiencing difficulties with their DC charging systems IE the bird and big boy  echo charger and related logic and wiring. Also they seem to be interested in lithium-ion conversions and agms and the differences in charging related settings on the inverters and support systems.
The other issue seems to be around the air leveling and six-pack leaks  and control logic and operation

Another would be Aquahot or hurricane operation and diagnoses.

I know this is an ambitious set of topics to cover in detail but might be worth consideration.
It takes a lot of time and effort and commitment to put together a good seminar and I have no doubt that what ever you decide on it will Be very informative .
I only wish I could be there to take part.

Thank you for all your efforts and expertise.
Your friend's
Eric and Karen MacLean
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr, Fred Brooks

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 04:33:33 PM »
Fred, I will make a comment, we need to remember that not all of the members still own Beavers. To be inclusive we should look at general subjects that apply to all brands such as Entegra, Tiffin, and Newmar. Subjects dealing with normal maintenance for all RV bands Lube, filters, battery types or upgrades. Tire date recognition, wear pattern and pressure.

Issues with the DEF systems failures and recalls

What are members looking at for ownership upgrades.

How about selecting camp grounds or review hook ups.

As a club we need to be more inclusive, at some point we just have to understand the Beavers will just not be a major part of the club population 5 or 10 years down the road.       
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:54:50 PM by Jerry Carr »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray, Fred Brooks

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 10:26:24 PM »
   Hi Fred
Say, we wont make it there but I would love to see a seminar on Valid air systems. 
I wonder if a video of any seminar you offer might not be helpful to everyone long term.  Something like the headlight video on YouTube.

Thanks
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 07:04:10 PM »
Fred,

This suggestion may be coming too late, but it would be great to find someone that would perform backups for the house Multiplex system, at least CPU backups. Keypad backups would certainly be a plus.

We won’t be there, but if we were, this would certainly be of interest.

I asked a tech here in Oregon that has the knowledge and equipment, he wasn’t interested, even for a fee.

-Scott
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 12:01:04 AM »
Fred, I agree with Eric's subjects.  Especially, the solar system and controllers on my old 1998 Marquis!!   Chuckle!! 

I do not agree with Jerry that the subjects need to be extended to other manufacturers.  That would be a real can of worms, what with all the different systems stuffed into the various brands. 

I also like Aquahot information!

Thanks for doing this!!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 02:14:30 PM »
   I think what Jerry Carr is referring to is still common among luxury coaches including Entegra, Newmar and Allegro. That would be charging systems, multiplexing, and solar. These manufacturers all use the same or similar components that have the same logic. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 01:13:49 PM »
Good morning, everyone Fred is correct, yes Beaver motorhome are no longer built however the
BAC getting many new members with high dollar motorhomes built by other company’s. Fred is
correct that most these companies are using and sharing same ideas ( multiplexing for example )
Is a very big topic and is present in the motorhome living area as well as the chassis’s. Yes that
being said comes problems that present in most newer units. There are many new features that
are very complex to newer owners that adjustment to change is very difficult understanding the
new systems. The newer motorhomes you as a owner cannot preform simple repairs because of
multiplexing systems you cannot work on them, very sad  but new technology is here to stay.
Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic
The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray, Jerry Carr, Fred Brooks, Mike Sulley

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 12:15:58 AM »
Hi so plans have changed Sheree and I would love to come to the Quartsite rally …. Lord knows I have 500 years of advise and happy to learn ….  Just bought a CanAm X3 Xrs max so we would trailer it ….

Can we still register ? Or is it to late …. If so we will go to Glamis or havasu instead …

We will also be at the FMCA rally next year …. Is there a meet up group ? If not we will stay with another group we’re affiliated with ….

Thx paul

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 12:40:26 AM »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Rick Penick

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 09:27:23 PM »
 Well this is second time this has been full and canceled just when i thought we might be able to make it. How about someone videoing the seminars etc may help us newbies. Most likely the virus will be over by the time the rally happens anyway would be nice if possible to do something like that..just a thought..

RP

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 01:46:42 PM »
Rick, from the way I question the rally being full ( there is room for you ) show up
Dave Atherton. Bring your money and call Rally Master

John Nord

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 01:50:12 PM »
Paul about registering for the rally phone Doug Allman at 231-218-1119 you can also email him at douglasallman@gmail.com      If you are unable to get ahold of Doug you can phone me at 403-830-8575 or email me at 1nordjohn@gmail.com 
John Nord
2002 Contessa 2009 -2017
2004 Marquis 2017
2005 Smart for2

Paul Bedoe

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2022, 11:26:40 AM »
Hi I have been in contact with Doug and we are all set to go.  We are looking forward to coming.

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 08:26:37 PM »
Hi Paul...I have never met you however my name is Mandy Canales, a member of BAC for several years.  Your question about next year's FMCA Convention will be held at the Pima County Fairgrounds in south Tucson, AZ, March 23 to the 26th.  We'd love to have you join our Beaver group who will be doing some security work there at the fairgrounds.  If you are interested joining the Beavers and Friends Security group Just sign up for the convention (800-543-3622) and then also sign up with Ken Carpenter (214-364-2090) and ask him to park you with the Beavers and Friends group.  We will also be doing a block party for a meet and greet social.  Looking forward to meeting you.  My phone number is 760-221-7794 if you have questions.  Safe travels to you.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA