Author Topic: Generator Dash Switch  (Read 1189 times)

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Generator Dash Switch
« on: December 05, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
2006 Monterey; the dash switch for the generator has lost it's light that indicates that the generator is running.  Is that small light replaceable, or does the entire switch have to be replaced?  And, how does that switch come out?  Does the dash panel have to be taken off, or can the switch be unclipped from the front?
Thanks!  Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Mike Shumack

Re: Generator Dash Switch
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »
I have replaced several of those Carling Contura switches. I don't believe there is a way to replace just the indicator light bulb. I have one in my hand now and the bulb doesn't appear to be intended to come out. The switch is only $15 http://www.nwrvsupply.com/category/172.html

Removing it - I recommend going in from behind so you can depress the plastic retaining tabs (top and bottom) and not risk scratching you dash panel; however, you can remove it from the front if you can use a putty knife or similar to push in the retainer and lift under the bezel to pop it out. On my Coach there is barely enough slack in the wiring to do anything once it's out and all the connections are individual push on spade connectors (easy to mix up if more than one come unplugged) but I believe the later models had an actual one-piece connector (which retains all the wires in their correct positions).

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Re: Generator Dash Switch
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 01:15:59 AM »
Thanks Mike!
Of course supply issues raise their ugly head.  The lighted one I need is out of stock (not expected until at least after the first of the year).  Oh well, at least my switch still works, I just can't tell by looking if the generator is running or not.
Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp