Author Topic: Another Sensor Issue  (Read 1283 times)

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Another Sensor Issue
« on: December 29, 2021, 10:58:13 PM »
I have a 2006 Monterey Ventura IV.  When I first bought this coach 5 years ago, the black and gray tank capacity displays on the Alladin did not work.  I replaced those two sensors, a bit expensive, but they have worked correctly ever since.  Now the fresh water display has failed.  I do not know where the pressure sensor is located on the fresh water tank.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  It may just be a corroded connection on the cable RJ11 connector, so I would like to try some electrical cleaner and De-Ox to see if I can get it working before I spend the $ for a new sensor.  Any assistance is appreciated.

Richard 
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
Re: Another Sensor Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 12:25:09 AM »
Look at the bottom of your tank. If it is like mine, you will see a plug screwed into the tank with a couple of wires coming off it. I had to replace mine and it wasn’t cheap… about $350.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Another Sensor Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 01:40:41 AM »
I'm not certain, as I've not actually checked mine, but there may be an access panel in the back of the HydroHot/water tank bay.  You'd have to get the coach raised and safely blocked or up on ramps so you can get under it and look for a removable panel into that bay.  A sensor would have to be along a bottom edge of the tank to sense the weight of water above it. 

That said, I can see between the left bay wall and the tank and there are wires heading to the lower tank back from above the wall.  My storage bay right side wall adjoins, but visibility is blocked by structure I've added to the wall 14 years ago.  Before crawling under the rig, check the storage bay's right (front-facing) wall for a removable carpeted panel that might give you access from that bay into the back area of the water tank.  I keep finding access panels on our coach that are well-disguised by carpet liner or other means, so it's worth a try.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat