Author Topic: Aqua-Hot won’t power on  (Read 1656 times)

Bob Underwood

• BAC Member
  • 503 936-7527
Aqua-Hot won’t power on
« on: December 28, 2021, 04:22:53 PM »
2006 Patriot Thunder Vicksburg IV
I have no power to the diagnostic panel. There is power to the electric and preheat switches (light comes on switch) but no power to the diesel switch. I had a mobile tech here in Vegas come out and he says there is a wiring issue involved with the “intellitec” system. Somewhere in the wall between pantry and shower. His tone dropped off in that area while using a toner. He suggests a mouse ate through wire. It was was working flawlessly until yesterday then completely stopped. No heat on electric or diesel.  Nothing seems to be working on the unit. The tech suggested driving back to where we bought it which isn’t realistic.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Ideas on a service tech in Las Vegas?
No other electrical systems seem to affected.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob Underwood
2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder 42 Vicksburg IV C-13

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
Re: Aqua-Hot won’t power on
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
Hi Bob,
John Carillo at Heat My RV , heatmyrv.com in Colorado was very helpful when I recently needed some parts to repair my burner. I took it apart myself as I could not find anyone here in San Diego to even look at it unless I had bought my coach from them, and there are no mobile guys in San Diego. He has the parts in stock,  I needed a new flame sensor and his prices are very reasonable. He may be a good resource. His number is 970-518-3085. The guys at Aquahot are very helpful and of course they also have the parts but John's prices are considerably better.
Good luck,
Dwight
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat
The following users thanked this post: Bob Underwood

Bob Underwood

• BAC Member
  • 503 936-7527
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »
Thanks Dwight! If I have no luck locally, I will reach out to John.
Bob Underwood

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 10:58:36 PM »
Bob,

When you say that you have no power to the diagnostic panel, are you referring to the Aqua-Hot controller panel in the rear-most passenger side bay? If so, and none of the indicator LEDs are on, it's possible there is no power to the Aqua-Hot itself. If you haven't already done so, check the 25-amp fuse labelled Aqua-Hot located on PCB #5 in the rear run box. Use caution as that PCB is always hot, even with the battery disconnects off.

As for the Aqua-Hot multiplex switches, the amber lights for the Electric and Preheat are just indicator lights and will illuminate whenever they are turned on, even if the Aqua-Hot has no power (they are powered from the multiplex system). The amber light for Diesel is different, it is a status light for the diesel burner and is powered from the Aqua-Hot diesel controller, the Aqua-Hot must have power for this light to illuminate.

If your tech didn't already do so, look at the Intellitec modules themselves. Each channel is fused and will have a small green LED on when selected. Since your electric channel functions, have someone turn it on and off while you watch for the green LED, that should help you locate the diesel channel, check the fuse when you find it.

-Scott
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock

Bob Underwood

• BAC Member
  • 503 936-7527
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »
Hi Scott,

The 25 amp fuse was the problem! Replaced and all functions are normal. Thanks for your advice.

Bob
Bob Underwood

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 10:14:31 PM »
Glad it was something simple, hopefully it’s just a one-time thing.

-Scott
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock