Author Topic: Keyless Entry Lock Replacement  (Read 4800 times)

Michael Hannan

Keyless Entry Lock Replacement
« on: February 16, 2015, 03:49:51 AM »
I have seen various threads related to keyless entry.  My keypad seems to be the culprit for my keyless entry problems.  I have attached two photos.  One of my keypad and the other which seems to be the one used on later models.  Can anyone tell me if the newer one shown is compatible with mine?  Thanks

William Jordan

Re: Keyless Entry Lock Replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:57:34 PM »
BCS just replaced mine .. With same one you pictured , or at least very similar  ... Expensive though keypad was 250.00 and labor another couple hundred 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:41:46 PM by William Jordan »

Tic Wilson

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
I too replaced mine.  Got mine from Essex direct http://www.keyless.com/KE-1700%20Main.htm
and installed it myself.  Only four wires to splice, and they are color-coded.  Essex was very helpful too.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:45:15 AM »
As I've suggested in previous threads on this topic, when the keypad is replaced or repaired it should be well sealed when mounted to the coach wall, and additionally the pad itself should be sealed into its escutcheon.  They are two different entities that make up the unit.  Either or both can and do allow water inside, rainwater or washwater, and from what I've seen that is a common reason for the keypad's failure, or at least it's temporary malfunction.

I recommend Lexel sealant.

Joel

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jimmy Garcia

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 10:37:33 PM »
I too replaced mine.  Got mine from Essex direct http://www.keyless.com/KE-1700%20Main.htm
and installed it myself.  Only four wires to splice, and they are color-coded.  Essex was very helpful too.

Good day Tic,  I was wondering what was the process?  What original keypad did you replace?  The four keypad sounds like the magnadyne keypad.  I just got my 1701 and it has way more then 4.  I was hoping if you replaced the magnadyne with the essex it would be wonderful if you only had to splice/connect up 4 wires.  Thanks a lot.  Happy New Years.  Have a pleasant day.  Cheers.