Author Topic: 2000 Beaver Marquis Jasper Hot water tank location  (Read 1916 times)

Ron Rittenhouse

• BAC Member
2000 Beaver Marquis Jasper Hot water tank location
« on: February 01, 2022, 05:23:51 PM »
Hello, all.  Getting ready to sanitize fresh water tank, and want to isolate the hot water tank so as not to run bleach into a metal tank and cause corrosion, etc.  Unable to locate this tank for access.  Would also like to check heating element for any needs.  Want to locate tank, tank drain, and a bypass valve to isolate if possible.  Have looked everywhere I can think of and can't locate.  I'm assuming the hot water tank is separate from the Hurricane system tank, but please share any insights you have on this.  Thanks! Ron Rittenhouse
2000 Marquis
C12

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: 2000 Beaver Marquis Jasper Hot water tank location
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:10:24 PM »
The hot water tank is above/behind the Hurricane. Check closely for leaks/corrosion as you've reached about the normal life for it if it is original. Also check the original copper heat exchanger as it also is aged if original. The new exchangers are much smaller and more efficient. Rixens is a great resource and very helpful of you get in over your head, IMHO.
Steve
(Based on my 2000 Marquis Tourmaline)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:09:57 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Bruce Sevier

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 02:23:57 AM »
Hi Ron,

Steve's description of your system should be correct since his coach is the same year. I agree that you may be due for a new heater so I've added my description below. Also Rixins has been a great help to me.

I believe my 1999 Marquis Jasper probably has the same system and components. Reason for my reply is I recently replaced the water heater. The galvanized cover was showing signs of corrosion and I figured it was time to replace it. I purchased a new Whale F700 from Amazon for about $550 delivered. It's identical to the original except the cover is stainless steel. You probably have figured out the heater is electric and a heat exchanger using the Hurricane heater mounted below. I spent about a day doing the swap, just be sure to shut off the water valves and clamp the rubber hoses so you don't lose water and coolant from the 4 hoses connected to the tank. Also turn off electrical power to the coach before disconnecting the wires to the heater.
If you are just going to flush your system then remove the clear (top) hoses from the tank.  Bottom 2 hoses have coolant in them for the Hurricane system. Be sure to check the header tank coolant level if you replace the heater. I can send pictures if you need more information.

Probably more information than you wanted.

Bruce
Bruce Sevier
99 Marquis
The following users thanked this post: Ron Rittenhouse

Ron Rittenhouse

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 09:39:49 PM »
Thanks, gentlemen....very helpful!
2000 Marquis
C12