Author Topic: Water bay access  (Read 2258 times)

Larry C Perdue

Water bay access
« on: March 30, 2022, 11:16:22 PM »
I have a 1999 Monterey, Redondo floor plan. I have a water leak, and I don't know how to get into the wet bay to find & repair. The leak occurs when the system is under pressure, either from city water or pump. The water drips out just below the water bay door.

Dan Johnson

• BAC Member
Re: Water bay access
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 01:17:49 AM »
I am watching this. On my 2002 marquis, it does not look easy to access the back of the water bay where the sewer  dump valves and water pipes are located.
2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald
Cat C-12
Nebraska

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
    Gentlemen,
Removing the face panel of the water bay is not as difficult as it looks. Keep in mind, if someone assembled it, then someone can disassemble it. I have had my face panel off at least 6 times to access various components. Here is the sequence to start your adventure. You will need a dead man stick to hold the compartment door open so you can remove the gas prop strut on the rear side. Remove all the screws securing the face panel. Carefully tilt the panel downward and outward to swing out past the compartment opening. It will not come out more than 8 or 10 inches. Look inside and label which hoses are preventing you from removing it any further. Take a picture with your phone for reference. Carefully disconnect the required hose connections to swing the panel outward just enough to access dump valves or the cause of your leak. You may need to have plugs to install on lines you disconnect. Tie off the panel to hold it in place to perform repairs. "Pro-tip": You will be accessing this location again eventually. I extended all the hoses that restricted my access so I donot have to remove any connections or fittings. While you are in that location, It would be a good time to replace your waste dump valve and grey water dump valve. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Larry C Perdue

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 02:51:28 AM »
Thank you, Fred. I had the faceplate loosened a couple years ago, but couldn't get it out. Maybe removing the door supports will make it possible.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Larry C Perdue

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 04:44:02 PM »
Fred,
  I'm trying to follow your directions. My water bay back board measures 23 inches. The opening is 20 1/2 inches. No way can I tilt it or anything to get it out, even after removing the gas strut.
It appears that my Monterey came off the line in May, 1999...maybe it is a little different.

Anyone else have any ideas about this?

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:02:06 AM »
Larry, with our 97 Patriot I had to disconnect on the outside of the panel as much as possible to lower the panel. Then reaching behind the panel to disconnect additional items. After fixing various leaks I eventually cut a 12 inch by 12inch hole in the center of the panel to access the sewer valves and put a removable plate over the access hole.
No sure what your configuration looks like but if you can post some pictures it might help with additional suggestions.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 08:05:50 PM »
     Larry,
Can you post a couple of pictures of the water bay? Thanks, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 03:55:00 AM »
I had some water leaks in my water panel. I ended up pulling it out completely and replaced several of the fitting ends.

I also cut the panel in half to make access easier for me, replaced both gate valves while apart.

I made a center strip from a section of aluminum to cover the center I cut out.       

I put a 2x2 piece of wood in the center of the water bay to reattach the front board to.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 07:43:13 AM »
         I have had a lot of leaks in this area. One was the city connection. It has a built in pressure regulator that will leak. Another one was behind the water faucet. Beaver had used iron nipples to make the connection through the panel. Over the years they had corroded through. I replacer them with brass ones. With the age of my coach I have had to replace a lot of the plastic fitting around the coach. A lot of them behind that Panel. I have a paper towel box attached to the panel. Behind it is an opening. Sometimes I can reach the problem through that.
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000