Author Topic: Front power curtain.  (Read 1614 times)

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
Front power curtain.
« on: May 01, 2022, 08:18:10 AM »
       I have a 1998 Marquis with a power front curtain system. I don’t know the name of the manufacturer but I know it’s a Scandinavian company. The lead shuttle has broken and I’m hopping to find repair parts. Any information would be helpful. Thank You.
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Front power curtain.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 01:25:59 PM »
Roy
 when you say lead shuttle are you talking about the traveler which pulls the curtain along the curtain track?

I believe that the winch and the curtain rod are two separate items ( built by different manufacturer) as was the case in the 70s the curtain rod was a regular off the shelf drapery rod that beaver bent to suit their purpose and the electric power unit was an add on that could be used to power any of these type of manually operated drapery rods.
Originally a manually operated unit would have had the cord come down the wall and would have had a spring loaded pulley arrangement screwed to the wall or floor  that tensioned the cord.
To upgrade to a power unit the spring loaded tensioner was simply substituted with the electric power unit.

If it's the same as in my 1997 Patriot the power unit is essentially just a 120 volt powered winch mechanism that pulls a small cord which loops up and around the curtain track assembly
The cord runs over a small pulley at either end of the track and is tied to each end of the traveler if the cord gets loose it will slip on the winch drum instead of moving the heavy curtain .
If left too loose the cord can sometimes get jammed in one of the pulleys at the end of the track .
If the cord is loose you can simply locate the knot at the travel and pull the cord tight again retie it.
If the traveler is broken you may still be able to get parts for the track at any good drapery shop.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

John Fitzgerald

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 10:55:53 AM »
This explains why I could not locate my power unit above the track anywhere, and explains why there was a weird plug on a cord down low at floor level under the curtain 'storage' cubby.  My motor unit is gone, so I will need a new one to have the feature obviously.

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 07:42:03 PM »
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

John Fitzgerald

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 08:33:45 PM »
Thanks, another item in the voyage of discovery in my coach. It is hard to imagine what was there when there is nothing in place and no info in the owners package that came with the coach.

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 05:40:00 PM »
I have had this apart in the past and found information on the manufacturer. It’s a lot of work to take it down. It has a 12 volt motor that drives a cogged belt that carries the shuttle back and forth. Each pleat of the curtain is hung from a roller shuttle and are indexed on a draw cord that is also connected to the roller shuttle. I thought I had keep information on but I cannot find it.
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000