Author Topic: Hydro hot time delay when t stat calls for heat  (Read 1373 times)

Gregory J Dugre

• BAC Member
Hydro hot time delay when t stat calls for heat
« on: May 06, 2022, 05:36:48 PM »
When I turn on my boiler it comes right on runs for a few minutes and shuts down. I assume that it is up to temp but when I turn the t stat to furnace and set the temp above the inside ambient temp example 60 degrees inside and set t stat for 70 it takes anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes for the kick space to start running. The burner continues to cycle to keep boiler up to temp. The diesel burner status, electric heating status, heating status, and pump #3 status light are all lit. Any ideas or suggestions on what to look for. I tried resetting the t stat but I did not make any difference with either of the 2 zones.
Greg
2006 Beaver Monterey Ventura IV
C9 Cat Allison 3000

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Re: Hydro hot time delay when t stat calls for heat
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 10:29:59 PM »
Gregory
My radiator fans come on within seconds of setting the thermostat.  They will of course blow cold air until the boiler antifreeze gets circulated to the radiators.  If you are plugged in to shore power, use the electric heating element to heat the boiler fluid (may take about an hour if the boiler is cold).  See if it works any differently than on diesel.  I would surmise you have a circulation fan not functioning correctly on your HydroHot.
Richard 
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp
The following users thanked this post: Gregory J Dugre

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Hydro hot time delay when t stat calls for heat
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
Greg,
Check the stir pumps to verify the output hoses are warm/hot when the unit is on and the t'stats are calling for heat. They can sometimes stick closed. Usually a gentle rap on the side of them will cause them to open.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Gregory J Dugre