Author Topic: Help  (Read 5986 times)

Mark Graves

• BAC Member
Help
« on: May 28, 2022, 12:48:13 AM »
WE BOUGHT A 2003 Beaver patriot THUNDER, with a rebuilt title, had I known this I would gone with a different Beaver. Is there any one out here who knows where I can get comp and Collison. we have liability but can't get the rest to cover my coach. I would like to protect my 70k investment.  :'( :'(

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 01:33:39 AM »
Mark, see if Ron Jarvie or Travis Breedlove at Overland Insurance Services can help you.  They are a BAC sponsor, handle several RV insurance company options, are very educated on the subject, and have helped many of us here get the right coverage at the best price.
1-800-677-4027
www.rvins.com

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr

Mark Graves

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 03:04:24 PM »
Will do
Thanks

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 01:38:43 AM »
Let us know, Mark, what they say re. the insurability of a “rebuilt title”.  With the aging of a no-longer-made brand, you may not be the only buyer encountering this issue.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Mark Graves

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 05:03:08 PM »
It's a No-Go
Their reply:
I am sorry, but we do not have a market for insuring a vehicle with a rebuilt (aka "salvage") title.  The reason is that an insurance company has already paid "a total loss" on this vehicle.  When someone purchases a vehicle that has already been paid out as a "total loss", the vehicle is supposed to be used for parts....and not to begin again.  The difficulty is in what is to be paid in any subsequent loss....it has already been totaled and paid for.

Thanks
Mark
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 09:36:13 PM »
Great contribution, Eric.  There’s no “maybe” that it will help Mark, and many of us, understand his situation.

Mark, do your sales documents include your signature that you understood it was a rebuild?  If not, a lawyer might need to be consulted;  but your post said, “…had I known this…”, so maybe you didn’t fully realize what any such specific sheet implied.

Eric’s reference indicates there still may be an amenable carrier out there, but it might take some doing to find and may cost some more than a cleared coach.
  🤞🏻

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 11:16:15 PM »
Joel
The reality is finding an insurance company willing to take on a rebuilt brand is at best tough as there is no legislation that forces the insurer to insure any vehicle and with each state having different standards for rebuilt inspection and certification most of the companies steer clear of rebuilt brands.
There are still some companies that will take them on but most will limit there coverage to liability only making it very difficult to get comprehensive or collision coverage.

It's really too bad that there isn't proper standards and certification for rebuilt vehicles.
As it is a branded vehicle damage could range from as little as cosmetic damage ( front cap or side swipe damage ) to major collision damage and it's up to the insurance companies to decide whether or not to consider a vehicle a tool lose based on the repair cost using a formula against the retail replacement price.
This means as our coaches get older and depreciate they are more likely to be written off for minor damages it might be a different story if they were forced to replace a given coach as most times the insurance company will offer a fraction of the cost of replacing a given coach hoping the owner will except their offer the advise I have given several times to customers is to pay to have an independent appraisal done on the coach before settlings anything with an insurance company.
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 01:35:22 AM »
    Mark,
Try Roamly.com and see if they will help. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 02:56:00 AM »
      Mark,
Call Justin Barschow at Roamly insurance. They saved me 30% over Formost (Farmers) and they allowed me to set the comprehensive value of the motorhome. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2022, 03:41:01 PM »
  Sorry about that, Justin, 814-257-3534.
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Mark Graves

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 01:30:42 AM »
Thanks for the replies and Fred, appreciate the referral.  Will be contacting him.