Author Topic: SW2512MC Inverter Problem  (Read 1978 times)

Mark Hosier

• BAC Member
SW2512MC Inverter Problem
« on: June 27, 2022, 05:08:32 PM »
Good morning,
  I have the Trace/Xantrex SW2512MC inverter.  On the remote panel inside the coach, I noticed a couple display characters never seen before.  They are solid boxes with a diagonal line emanating from each, one above the “SRCH” label and one above the “CHG” label (see photo 1).  Does anyone know the meaning of those characters? 
  I crawled in the basement and looked at the readout panel on the inverter itself (see photo 2) and the left-most character on both lines are incomplete.  You can see the hash mark under the “CHG” label plus I witnessed the BULK then FLOAT lights displayed in sequence over time, so I’m assuming it is working.  The top line seems to be displaying “Set Inverter”.  Any idea what that implies?
  More recently, the inside remote panel changed its display information and now several percentage values are listed (see photo 3).  Any ideas on why this happened?  I have no control of this panel. 
  I read through the operating manual for the inverter and nothing addresses these issues. Unfortunately, Trace/Xantrex no longer provides technical support on this model so they are not helpful either.  I did read where a factory reset can be performed, with instructions in doing so.  Does this sound like the next logical step and if so, any concerns associated with the process?
  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Mark   
Mark & Wanda Hosier
45' 2003 Beaver Marquis Sapphire (Petunia)
Caterpillar 505 HP C-12
2014 Honda CRV (Paddy)
North Carolina

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: SW2512MC Inverter Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »
    Mark,
Looks like a communication issue between the inverter/charger and the remote panel. On the inverter/charger you will find a pair of RJ-11 connections (looks like phone connection). One is the remote panel and the other is the temperature sensor attached to the house battery bank. Unplug the one for the remote panel and gently brush the small brass contacts on the plug and reinstall it. It should reload all the info from the inverter/charger to the remote. If no Joy, find the owners manual for THAT remote and check the trouble shooting guide. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Mark Hosier