Author Topic: CMP Panel reads all ones in the power section  (Read 1171 times)

Dan Heinemann

CMP Panel reads all ones in the power section
« on: June 28, 2022, 04:27:41 PM »
I have a 1995 38 ft Marquis Emerald, The coach monitor panel is showing all 1's in the power section, both A/C and dc readings. Tank levels seem to read correctly. Anyone have and idea where I should start?

Dan H.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: CMP Panel reads all ones in the power section
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 09:55:45 AM »
Our 2002 had  the CMP 20.  The battery temp sensor malfunctioned causing the CMP to read very crazy numbers.  $35. New sensor and all was good.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Dan Heinemann

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 10:43:00 PM »
Thanks,

How did you troubleshoot it? Where is sensor? In Batt compartment? How do I know which model of CMP I have? You state yours is a 20.  The "Maintenance book that was apparently supplied to the original owner of this bus is dated 1991 and there have been many changes between its publication and 1995! Makes it an adventure to find and fix things.

I pulled the CMP down and it appears to have several stacked circuit boards in an aluminum housing, No sign of overheating etc. Would like to fix this. 

R/ DAn

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 05:45:53 AM »
  Dan
The type of CMP you have should be found on the front of the display.  Likely yours is a CMP 10.
The temperature sensor is attached to one of the house batteries on what looks like a flat telephone wire with a typical phone jack plug in.  The sensor itself is about 3/4 inches by 3 inches and attached directly to a battery terminal.  I got my replacement direct from Magnum inverters but they have since moved.

2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!