General Boards > Technical Support

Slide Mystery

(1/2) > >>

Bill Heffernan:
Happy 4th of July! We wrapped-up our year of full-timing recently. Two weeks ago we put the coach into storage. Yesterday I went out to check on in and found that the rear passenger slide had moved out. What was even stranger is that the front part of the slide was out @6" while the rear part of the slide was only 2-3". Anyone have any idea how this could have happened? Because its askew I was afraid to move it before I get some insight as how this happened. All of our slides have always worked flawlessly. Thoughts? Thanks.

Fred Brooks:
    Bill,
When you retract the room, there is a solenoid valve that opens and the hydraulic cylinder retracts the room. Sometimes the valve wears out or you get some debris in the fluid that keeps that valve from completely closing. After a while, the pressure bleeds off and the room creeps back out. Try retracting it again and monitor the outcome. If it continues to do it, you will have to identify the solenoid and replace it. Fred

Bill Heffernan:
Thanks Fred. Since it is askew am I ok simply retracting the slide or should I extend it first and then retract it? Thanks again. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Fred Brooks:
     Bill,
 Go ahead and extend the room until it is out all the way. Continue to hold the extend button for 2 seconds. (This bleeds off any air that may be in the system) Retract the room all the way. Hold the retract button for 2 seconds. Inspect the room hydraulics for evidence of any fluid leakage. Inspect the hydraulic pump, reservoir and solenoid hoses for any leakage. Monitor the room position and advise. Hope this helps, Fred

Bill Heffernan:
Thank you again for your always helpful remedies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version