Author Topic: Did i just have an airbag failure?  (Read 1336 times)

Steve Misemer

• BAC Member
Did i just have an airbag failure?
« on: August 08, 2022, 06:21:42 AM »
Hello there,

just back back from a short trip and as i backed into our storage spot I put the coach in "N" and i hear this sound I've never heard from our coach before. I heard a weird air sound. Not a hiss, more like the sound a balloon would make when you poked a hole in it and slowly let the air out. Or like a tea kettle. I know this is a weird description but it's as close as i can get to what i heard.

I wasn't able to stay and diagnose or look for anything because I was late for something else.

One item i did want to mention is that when we left our previous campsite that morning i had to raise the front up to get the block out from under the jack. When I got back in the coach to leave I did put the travel mode button on the HWHW system and saw the light go green. Does this automatically lower or raise the coach to the proper height? I am asking because I wonder if I somehow drove all the way home with the front to high.

Thank you
Steve
2006 Marquis Jade Copper Marsh
44'
Cat C 13 525hp
Steve Misemer

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Did i just have an airbag failure?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 06:59:09 PM »
     Steve,
I can't speak to the possibility of an air bag failure based on your discription. It should be fairly easy to go thru the sequence of airing up the coach to 120 psi and see if everything is level and normal with no air hissing noises anywhere. Next, go thru your leveling sequence as you normally would do. Next go thru your air dump sequence Note: make sure front wheels are facing straight ahead.
   When you go to depart and push the travel button, you activate the "6 pack" solenoids located in the front & rear and change the solenoids from the "leveling position" to the "normal ride height". You may have a leak at either 6 pack solenoids. See photo. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 01:44:51 AM »
Steve,

I can tell you when I had a air bag blow, it was a explosion, like a loud gun shot.  That doesn't mean yours will be the same if you just have a small pin hole.  Thankfully I was at home so it didn't leave me stranded.  If there is a hole in the bag it should become obvious once you air everything up and look around.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Steve Misemer

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 06:16:20 AM »
Thank you for the responses.

Fred I will try out your suggestions.

Steve
2006 Marquis Jade Copper Marsh
44'