General Boards > General Discussion

Quartzite; holding tank pumpouts

<< < (2/2)

David T. Richelderfer:
Yes, fresh water and dumps are available at the BLM Long-Term Visitor Areas (LTVAs) but not at the BLM Short-Term Visitor Areas (STVAs).  It has been several years since we stayed at the LaPosa South LTVA just North of the Road Runner STVA.  At BLM LTVAs, you can stay for two weeks for $40 or stay all Winter for $180 (if the prices and length-of-stays have not changed).  At STVAs, you can stay for two weeks for no charge but there is no fresh water or dumps available.

Years ago (perhaps six or seven years), we paid for two weeks at the LaPosa South LTVA and stayed for only a week before moving to the Road Runner STVA to attend the Beaver Rally.  Before moving to Road Runner, we dumped all the waste tanks and filled with water.  Then a week or so later while at Road Runner I paid a mobile RV dumping unit to empty the tanks.  Since I still had time left at the LTVA, I drove my pickup there to get a couple of bladders of fresh water to pump into the RV.  If I remember correctly, the mobile RV dump was working out of Blythe, CA and its cost was $25.

Ken Sair:
When we have needed to fill with water and/or dump our tanks while in Quartzsite we have always used
Tumbleweed RV Park at 600 East Kuehn. They charge $10 for water or $20 for water and dump. He has multiple
Lanes for both and there is never a wait. He is also located east of highway 95 and away from most of the hustle and bustle of ‘Q’.

Bill Lampkin:
thanks all for the good info- We stayed at an area just south of the big tent, I recall moving to another site again to the south somewhat and there was water and  a dump station. Hope to meet you all there this year!

David T. Richelderfer:
Yes, the Tumbleweed RV Park is easy in and out.  It used to be called Rose's RV Park and was owned/managed by an older gentleman with the help of one, maybe two employees.  Rose's RV Park also had a mobile propane truck and made deliveries.  The old gentleman didn't get around too well and lived in a large motorhome near the entry gate.  After he died, the park changed hands and was renamed.

The problem with this RV park is the RV must go to it for dumping and water refilling.  From the usual Road Runner rally point, that would be at least five or six miles each way.

We have stayed at Rose's RV Park several times because it was easy to get in and out for a large RV.  There are no amenities such as grass, a fenced dog run, etc., and the I10 freeway that borders the north edge of the property can be heard.  But there is plenty of open space to walk your dog and the flea market east of US95 is within a walkable distance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version