Author Topic: Ramco Mirrors Motor Failure?  (Read 1313 times)

Bill Borden

• BAC Member
Ramco Mirrors Motor Failure?
« on: September 20, 2022, 07:05:20 PM »
On a recent road trip, the driver's side mirror stopped working side to side for adjustment, but it was still going up and down.  The passenger side mirror was working fine.

I contacted Ramco for information regarding the 9000 series mirror that came with our 2000 Patriot Thunder.

I was informed that the motor had died, and a replacement was available for $49.45, part # ELE330.

It is a complete motor system replacement.  After ordering, they sent me instructions for installation.  I went out to the Coach to review the installation procedure.

While inspecting further, I went under the cap to see what type of connections were used.  I removed the control connection plug and noticed some corrosion, I used contact cleaner and then re-tested the mirror.

And yes, it started working correctly.  But of course!

I am kicking myself for not checking and cleaning that connection first.  Another lesson learned. 

The Ramco people were able to catch and cancel the order in time.

FYI, Ramco also carries an upgraded Mirror head that fits on the 9000 series arms, with a larger footprint.

I hope this helps you in the future.

Regards,

Bill Borden
2000 Patriot Thunder
C-12 425 hp 
Cool, California
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Keith Moffett, Bryan Beamon, Fred Brooks