Author Topic: Window Screen edge seal.  (Read 3636 times)

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
Window Screen edge seal.
« on: October 01, 2022, 05:55:30 PM »
It's fly season at the ranch here in Montana.  Lately there has been an inordinate amount of fly's getting in the coach.  Sitting at the dining table with widow open and screen closed I watched a fly enter the coach in-between the screen and window.  In checking all the screens I discovered several of the gasket or seal that closes the gap between the window and screen were either missing or damaged.  I have searched for a source for the seal with no luck so I again turn to the Beaver experts on this forum for advice.  Help, I am wearing out my fly swatter.
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Window Screen edge seal.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 11:03:54 PM »
There was an advertiser for rubber seals in FMC magazine, but darned if I can find it now.  Though your coach isn’t “vintage” you might check with these fellows, https://www.vintagetrailergaskets.com/6-vintage-trailer-gaskets

Also see if this is a resource:
https://www.rvpartscenter.com/shop-by-categories/list1/rv-window-parts/screen-parts

I’m not sure your windows are Hehr, but see if you can find something stamped on the screens or window frame so you can provide suppliers with a searchable part.  These guys have been helpful to many here since Monaco/Beaver went out of business in Oregon:  https://www.nwrvsupply.com/

As an aside, I have a fond memory of hundreds of whitefish (Squawfish) rising to a heavy hatch under the Hwy 287 bridge over the Jefferson River, where I mingled with whiteface cattle riverside.  It’s a wonder the fish chose my purple haze parachute out of the millions afloat around it, but I had a ball catching and releasing a dozen or so, and they weren’t small… some a challenge for my 5 weight.  🐟

A visit to the confluence park, then a nice pizza in Three Forks before returning to the coach that evening in Ennis.  Good memories to have.

Joel
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 11:36:58 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Rick Daniels

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 03:18:32 AM »
For a quick fix, try 1/4" self stick foam weather strip tape at HD. Get you thru to the first frost.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Rick Daniels

Don White

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 09:11:30 PM »
Take a look at Steelerubber.com. They advertise regularly in the FMCA magazine. 
Don White
2006 Marquis Jade IV C13
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Hydralift
2006 HD Fat Boy
1997 Safari Serengetti