General Boards > Technical Support

Holding Tank Sensor Issue

(1/3) > >>

Steve Hutchins:
Our black and gray tank sensors are not giving accurate readings, the gray tank is stuck at 69%. It looks like what monitors the tanks are pressor sensors from Serta, "Setra Systems Pressure Transducer 2091001PG2M45P1".  I have the CMP-20 monitor panel.

Although a little pricey to replace, I have no problem replacing them if it is a sure fix. Does anyone else have this setup in their coach and had success changing them?

I tried to have the tanks hyro-cleaned to see if the sensors were plugged but he was afraid his pressor nozzle would ruin the them.  I've located the sensors behind the wet bay partition, a little tight to get to.

Thanks, Steve

Bill Lampkin:
You can check the sensors for resistance with your multimeter. Make sure the tank level system is off (no display). Make your measurement; if the sensor is open (infinite resistance) you have a bad sensor. Otherwise, use your leveling system to tilt the motorhome away from the sensor end of the tank and remove and clean the sensors.

Steve Hutchins:
Thanks Bill,  with access being extremely tight to the sensors Ill probably just buy new ones.  One time wedging myself into the compartment, replace with new.  If the old still work I'll have some spares.

Dan Johnson:
I have issues with my tank monitors also. The fresh starts at 15% When filling the fill valve shut off at 100% but was about 20 gallons short of full.Is the sensor tied into the fill valve? I wonder if I should just go to the SeaLevel system and be done with it?

Bill Lampkin:
Under Coash Assist, you'll find how to calibrate your Aladdin sensors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version