Author Topic: battery cables  (Read 1448 times)

Robert Fox

battery cables
« on: November 23, 2022, 02:30:01 PM »
we replaced the chassis battery's and my tech did not take a picture or mark where the three 10 gauge wire wires go
we have tried several combinations but now seen to have blown some fuses, does anybody know where the three white
wires go

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: battery cables
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 09:32:32 PM »
That looks like our ‘06 Monterey, Robert, so it’s likely they are ground wires that go on the outside chassis battery’s negative post.  See photos of our new and original battery setups.

I note that some heavy wires look loosened from the posts.  Might I suggest when juggling battery wires that you keep the Main switches off;  in your photo they are both ON (green).  Also put a blanket over the solar panel on the roof.  These steps can help with sparking and blown fuses when connecting wires.

Be sure to edit your Profile to add your Coach year, model, and engine to your “signature” so we know what rig we’re discussing when you post questions.

Joel

Tap the photo to expand it, or if it’s too large tap the identifier line (paperclip) underneath its image.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:53:19 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Fox

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 02:13:51 PM »
Thanks

Robert Fox

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 04:02:54 PM »
so we seem to have figured out which cables are ground and have replaced the blown fuses
for the trans it now cranks but will not start, seems the ECM does not have power and we cannot find
any more blown fuses, have checked all the chassis fuses in the battery box and they are OK does anybody know
if and where they may be another fuse for the ECM

2004 Patriot Thunder
R Fox

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 04:45:47 PM »
Robert,
There are 4 10A fuses that power the ECMs. Go to Coach Assist and select the 2004 Patriot Wiring diagram in the Wiring Diagrams section. Page 18 shows the fuses coming from the battery and going to the ECMs. Doesn't show the locations but splice S2 may be in the rear run box.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 12:22:05 AM »
Robert also mentioned 3 wires in his initial post.  Just to note, our setup that I included pix of has 4 of those white wires going to that battery negative post.  He should check that there isn't another wire hanging around loose in the back, or perhaps got one of the batteries placed on top of it or something.  That said, my fourth wire may be specific to some device on my coach that's not on his.  But it can't hurt checking that all wires were accounted for during his tech's job.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat