Author Topic: Racor v Cat  (Read 1452 times)

Michael Turnipseed

Racor v Cat
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:45:35 PM »
Ok I’ve read all the articles in common problems and will be ordering the cat system and get rid of the Racor none of the electronics work any how.
My question is why does this only happen when in Yuma Az.had all the o rings changed after last season hasn’t leaked all year and am currently full time.
I always try to park with a full tank. Could the elevation and the full tank combined cause an over pressurizing situation.
The Cat system seems pretty simple, less places to leak
Thanks Michael

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Racor v Cat
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 10:06:17 PM »
   Michael, If you change your mind, the o-rings you are looking are 2-#208 and 2-#114. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Mike Grevers

• BAC Member
Re: Racor v Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 12:03:52 AM »
I had to change the plastic center section of my Racor system to get it to stop leaking. My electronics also did not work. I installed a copper flared fuel line on the outlet side of the system with a tee, then a valve, and a second tee. I then installed a bypass around the valve with a cheap fuel pump from NAPA. When i go to prime after a fuel filter change I simply close the ball valve, fire up the pump, and depress the quick connect on the supply side of the unit injectors near the back right of the coach at the cylinder head. Once you get fuel, shut off the pump and open the valve.

I have had no leaks since replacing the sight tube and o-rings.
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder 505
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks